Zanja Peak Trail

Zanja Peak Trail is a 4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Yucaipa, California that offers scenic views and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

really injoyed this hike,and it's only ten minutes from the house really a good work out as well good way to spend the day

Great trail. No shade but awesome in the winter time. Went up with my dogs on a rainy day. Be sure to check your dogs for ticks afterward. Mine got a few on this trail.

Love this hike. I've done it early in the morning, in the middle of the day, and at night. Late in the morning on a Saturday is the worst time because there will be more people. The hardest part is toward the end. There are 2 extremely steep slopes to climb up (depending on how far you go). I think it's great fun though. Great spot to catch the sunrise or sunset.

Did it at night, the hill to the end was really big and following the red trail was a little hard in the dark. Great views of the lights though.

One of my favorite trails.

This is a good trail if you want a good workout. But sure to bring plenty of water, there is no shade. You can also connect to other trails in the area if you want to extend you hike a few more miles.

sketchy when you get towards the top lol other then that great view.

if you like your calves to burn....
then this is the trail for you.
amazing views from the peak.
good place to meditate.

Anyone who says this trail should not be rated hard is not keeping it real lol. We took the trail to the left and it was a great challenge. I had to stop to catch my breath a few times but it gave me a great sense of accomplishment getting up there. It was very steep, I felt like I was going straight up haha. We love the trails in the area and will be trying the right trail next time!

Great hike, we took the steep trail up and great workout. Once at the peak and we turned around to head back down he saw a big rattlesnake crossing the trail. Then walked about 75 feet and saw a HUGE rattlesnake that didn't want to get off the trail. Another hike came along and kicked dirt at it and it coiled up and rattled extremely loud, he was annoyed. Finally backed up off the trail and into the bushes. It's that time of the year for them to be out, be safe. Don't forget your water. Wouldn't do this trail on a hot day, absolutely no shade except for 2 trees the entire way.

It was a good hike. I'm not sure I would classify it as hard, moderate maybe. It was steep and it was a great workout on the legs, thighs and gluts. As others have mentioned, would not recommend this hike in a hot day. Also, highly recommend hiking boots. Can't imagine doing this hike in sneakers. We parked at the trail head by the soccer complex and took the trail down that took us to the regional park. This added an addition mile and half to the hike. We also took our dog and she did great. One other tip, there are mountain bikers up there and you should be vigilant in listening for them coming down the hill. They pick up speed and it's hard for them to slow down, it's much easier for us to move out of their way. Be kind and share the trail.

Very beautiful! Ended up lost at craft college

I hiked past the peak coming from Crafton. I decided to take the Yucaipa regional trail down. It's fun and I would definitely love to hike the alternative path to Zanja.

Great hike, very challenging. It was about 70 degrees and would not want to go if it was much warmer. Take plenty of water. Took us about 2 hours and 20 min.

not good on a hot day. you'll need a lot of rehydration. bu a good trail in general.

There are plenty of branches off the main trail, but all lead to the same place. The trail is rocky in certain areas, please watch your footing. Very steep in certain areas. Great workout. Recommend older children that are in good shape. Not very family friendly. There was 3 of us; we did 3 miles in an hours time. Keep in mind you are exposed to the sun for about 95% of the hike. Enjoy!