Yosemite Creek Trail

Yosemite Creek Trail is a 12.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Yosemite National Park, CA that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and camping and is accessible from July until September.

Directions from Arch Rock Entrance: Follow Highway 140 northward to Big Oak Flat Road. Turn left on to Big Oak Flat Road and follow it 9.5 miles to Tioga Road. Turn right on to Tioga Road and travel eastward to the Yosemite Creek Campground access road. Turn right on to the access road and travel 5 miles to the campground.

Great first come first serve spot! There have always been sites available. I've camped here 4 times. I only did 2 miles of the trail as it was getting to be dusk, we decided to head back. Don't forget the bug spray. Lots of mosquitoes. Very pretty though. I stopped for a bit to put my feet in the water, a beautiful painted lady (butterfly) landed on my big toe. Bring snacks and water. It's not a good hike for little ones. Too rugged.

What a beautiful hike From Yosemite Creek Campground to Yosemite Falls. The trail signs said it was 6.0 mile, my GPS indicated it was 7.98 miles. Not a big deal as we always pack extra trail snacks and water along the trail is plentiful.

We hiked the Yosemite Creek Trail from Yosemite Creek Campground to the Yosemite Falls Overlook and back (12.4 miles total). What appear to have been winter meadows have turned into large patches of hot dry sand. and there is plenty of granite trail where you are directly exposed to the sun, so make sure to bring plenty of water. The scenery is beautiful as you cycle through forests, meadows, across granite mountains and creeks repeatedly. The danger is also very real as we saw fresh mountain lion tracks practically the whole way back to camp, in addition there is a lot of rugged and rocky terrain increasing the chance of mechanical failure.

Nice little first come first serve campground. I recommend spot 74.

No running water but there is a nice creek that you can pull water out of (filtered or boiled for consumption).

There's a lot of wood to be had and you can make a nice big fire.

Yosemite Valley can be accessed via a 9.2 mile hike. I highly recommend doing the hike (but make sure you have a ride back to the campground).