Y Meadow Lake Trail

Y Meadow Lake Trail is a 10 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Long Barn, CA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

fly fishing

I have done this hike several times, with family and with scout groups. The views from the top of Burst Rock are beautiful on a clear day and the camping at Y Meadow lake and Granite Lake is pleasant. On the second day of camping at Y Meadow lake a few years ago, my family was caught in a thunder storm and down pour. We had a good camp site, and I was glad we had taken care in where we had set up our tents because shortly after the heavy rain fall, flash floods roared down the sides of the canyon into the lake, and the creek emptying into the lake swelled to several hundred feet beyond it's banks.

When I first went to Granite Lake in the mid 1990's the fishing was great. I learned that they have stopped stocking the lakes in the wilderness areas so now I don't even bother to take a fishing pole as there are very few fish left in the lakes.