Wright Peak Summit Trail

Wright Peak Summit Trail is a 7.6 mile out and back trail located near Kelseyville, California that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking.

7.6 miles 2083 feet Out & Back

A steady 1,649-ft. climb along a winding dirt road through open brush, past mature orchards, under towering oak forests to reveal stunning views from Wright Peak, elevation 4,299 feet at the top of Mount Konocti. Views of Mt. St. Helena, the remote Snow Mountain Region, and - on a clear day - the Sutter Buttes and Mount Lassen from the Cal Fire Tower during docent led tours. Highlights include: - Historic cabin site - Ancient maul oaks - Distant mountain vistas - Panoramic lake views - Volcanic peaks - Apple and walnut orchards Please note: No fires or smoking are allowed on Mount Konocti.

Beautiful location! The trail is smooth but constantly ascending, so it requires some exertion. My husband and I consider it to be a strenuous moderate hike. No technicality involved. We're 50-something and hiked up in under 2 hrs (with a snack break at the halfway point); we descended in about an hour. A wonderful day!
p.s. we brought our pup along and she wasn't the only one on the trail.

I found the walk itself to be leisurely, albeit consistently uphill. With a slow pace and good health it is not difficult to tackle. The view from the top is absolutely stunning and there is a lot of obsidian laying around on the trail. We also saw a good amount of wildlife.

After a long drive up a dirt and gravel road, you reach the parking lot with a well maintained restroom. Then you take the hiking path that leads several hundred feet through private property, but the area you are allowed on is well marked to ensure hikers remain in the designated area.
Overall difficulty of the hike is moderate with a few more challenging parts, comparable to the RLS trail up to St. Helena.
Views are decent. I've seen better and I've seen worse. The highlight is the view of the lake.
Took me about an hour and 15 to get to the summit, which included a few stops along the way to read the informational signs. Jogged down in about 35 minutes.
Not my absolute favorite, but a pretty good hike. I would do it again.

Grandest view around the lake. It says no dogs, but most people bring them anyway. Which is OK with me. I love dogs. Trips at different times of the year will offer different things to be admired.

The incline can get tough, but the trail is well maintained and very easy going. Shades spots along the whole trail make it easy for frequent breaks. Great hike!

Moderate cool shady and beautiful.

Great trail, but would not say hard. Hiked up slowly in 1:07 and ran back down in 33 minutes. Loved the little bit of history that you learn from the informational boards. Definitely taking my kids up here.

Solid, enjoyable hike with great views! Well marked and maintained, but we wish dogs were allowed :-(

Amazing hike with breathtaking views! It is a bit steep the majority of the way up but definitely worth it!

It was an awesome hike with a beautiful view! Easy to follow the fire road all the way up and not a terrible climb getting to the top of wright. Although it was a little cloudy, it was neat hiking through the canyon oak grove portion when it was filled with fog. Cool history throughout the trail and well marked. Got a little chilly at the top, but the hike to the top took us about 1 1/2 hours, 3 hours total.

Great little trail. About 3-4 hours round tip. Did this the day after a winter storm blew through.
Easy drive up the dirt road to the parking area (shouldn't be an issue unless you've lowered your car).
Trail is an almost unrelenting (yet only moderate) incline on a wide fire road.
Everything on the top half of the trail was beautiful frosted with ice/snow. Awesome views of Clear Lake from the summit, though the wind at the top makes for intense windchill.

Good trail

awesome trail, wish i lived in the area. well marked. great veiw, worth the climb.

Best trail ever!

Went there on a Monday around 10am and got down at 5pm. There's shade on the side of the paved trail for you don't have to always be in sun.

The elevation gets tough and the air get a bit thin but I stayed in the summit for a while so you'll get use to it.

Make sure to have grip in your shoes when going down. I slid a lot. Tiny rocks are very slicky.

People are nice around there. Passed 4 people and they all smiled and said hello.

The summit was my favorite part. Don't stay on the tables. Go out onto the rocks. You'll get hit by some branches but it'll be worth the view. Nice to rock balance as well *stack stack stack

I'd do it every month if I lived around here.

Tough