Heather Lake via the Watchtower

Heather Lake via the Watchtower is a 8.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Sequoia National Park, CA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, horses, and backpacking and is accessible from May until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

8.4 miles 2076 feet Out & Back

Last year on Memorial Day 2015 I tried hiking this trail but the Watch Tower was closed due to snow and ice, so I hiked to Pear Lake via the Hump instead, that was also a great all day hike. This year on Labor Day 2016 my wife and I went back and complete the Watch Tower to Heather Lake. Great views, but if you have the stomach for it I would suggest to get scramble up the tower and out towards the edge, views are so much better.

found this on accident today. my husband wanted to be kind, so decided to hike in our back yard. didnt realize how many peoplw would be visiting our back yard. i run, had no problem at all with elevation. i think this would be a great running trail. my husband doesnt run, but did fairly well. we enjoyed a burger and ice cream at Lodgepole before heading back.