Wolf Ridge Trail

Wolf Ridge Trail is a 5.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Sausalito, CA that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Connect Miwok trail to the Wolf Ridge Trail to the Coastal Trail for this gorgeous loop. Stop by Rodeo Beach when your done!

Hiked the wolf ridge loop with my dog starting by Miwok. Beautiful views in the first half of the hike and treacherous downhills the second half. Overall it was a beautiful hike and I'd definitely do it again.

The area around is beautiful! If you're new to this park, I suggest going to the visitor center to get a free map. The guide at the desk showed me the endless options for loops in this park!

Heads up: some of this park is paved to accommodate cycling. This loop has paved roads. It was a little strange for me.

The loop listed is a good option for people looking for a steady, moderate hike. If you are looking to add difficulty, drop into Tennessee Valley and take the extend costal road back to your car! Adds a nice challenge to the hike.

This trail was beautiful.
We took a trail down to the beach from here, then cut back up a couple miles later.
Absolutely beautiful.

I started this trail at the Miwok Stables at the end of Tennessee Valley Road. Up the Old Springs Trail to the Miwok Trail to Wolf Ridge Trail and returning on the Coastal Trail to Tennessee Valley Trail. Spectacular views of Tennessee Valley, Muir Beach, Mt. Tam, Rodeo Lagoon, Ocean Beach, and the Golden Gate Bridge.

I really enjoyed this trail. I hiked it by taking the Coastal Trail from the Lagoon up to it, across the ridge, then onto the Miwok Trail to head back down and complete the loop to the Lagoon.

I technically don't know where it starts, but I assume (going west to east) it is the part that is at the very top of the hill on the ridge that goes off the coastal trail and around the north side of the ridge to climb to the very, very top of the peaks where abandoned and dilapidated buildings can be found (as opposed to the wider part on the south side of the ridge?), then over the crest at Hill88 and down the North side of the hill towards the Miwok Trail. The views are really good and it was a clear day so I had an incredible vista including San Francisco, Stinson Beach, Mount Tam and Point Reyes.

The hike up to the ridge was more challenging than I expected, with some parts being really steep. However, once you're up there it's fairly easy.

There were less people on this trail, just a few trail runners and hikers. I saw maybe 5 other people along the trail from 11am to 1pm. I assume because it's less suited to sneakers and you can't ride bikes on it. Once I hit the Miwok Trail there were a lot more people.