Windy Point Trail

Windy Point Trail is a 2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Colfax, CA that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round.

In the summer it's terribly hot and brown. A couple good views but none of the wildflowers or grass to make it worth it

This trail is pretty steep going down. Trail head is clearly marked and trail is pretty narrow, definitely one were you have to watch your footing because it's a long drop down the hill. I lost the trail at the creek and rock climbed down to the river. Some left a rope tide to a couple trees which really helps with getting back up. When you get to the creek climb down into it and look the opposite way from the river and the trail continues on. I found it on my way back up the creek and was too worn out to even attempt the rest. Beautiful views and definitely worth the work.

The trail is absolutely beautiful this time of year with all of the wild flowers in bloom! Definitely not an easy trail though. Very very steep as you go towards the river. It's a really good workout though!

Very steep. There is a $10. Parking fee.

I rated this a five with hesitation because of the risk of making it more populated, which is one of its virtues. Beautiful trail with great views of the river. We took a turn off down to the river Which a previous hiker had marked with a wonderful sign and had wonderful opportunities for swimming and relaxing with our feet in the water. This is definitely a favorite.

The trail is beautiful this time of year. Blankets of wildflowers all over the hillside. I rate this trail at the harder side of moderate. It is VERY steep in some parts but its a good workout and I"ll likely be visiting it again sometime.

This trail is hard during the day in 90 degree heat. I recommend brining lots of water. Very nice in the cool morning or spring time.
I always turn off to go down to the river but I'm curious how far the trail continues on.

This trail goes up hill to windy point and away from the river. I would rate this trail moderate, it does go uphill a lot, unless your wearing a pack it shouldn't be too exhausting to walk. I did make my way down to the river, I ended up cutting my own trail through the mountainside, the river was really refreshing and beautiful. Really fast moving, saw many kayakers flowing downstream. I camped out near one of the river bends and was visited by a mountain lion at night. I still felt safe in the mighty hands of God. Im giving this trail 3 stars because the river is far away from the trail and when the heat of the day is on a dip in the river is better than a breathe of fresh air.