Wind Wolves Preserve Trail

Wind Wolves Preserve Trail is a 7.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Bakersfield, California that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

If you stay on the main paved road it's more of a walk down the middle of a valley. But it is absolutely beautiful after a rain.

I am new to hiking but so far this place is my favorite place to go! It's so beautiful and so relaxing. Multiple trails to choose from and nice scenery no matter what trail you choose. Definitely will make a habit to come here every month!

Pretty views of the snow-capped mountains. Easy hike in the cool weather. I would say pack a picnick lunch and enjoy the day.

This really is a great trail. If you want to do the whole trail, I recommend starting by noon so that you have enough time to finish the trail. The trail is clearly marked so you cant get lost. I met several people along the trail and they were all very friendly. There are benches along the trail where you can stop, eat, rest and enjoy the surroundings. You start to see the benches after mile marker 4. The mile makers are clearly visible. The views from the top of the mountain are awesome; you are going to be surprised as to how high you were on the mountain once you get towards the end of mountain trail and start your descent towards the valley floor. No bathrooms on the trial, but there is a bathroom at the beginning of the trail. I took my walking stick, which helped during the first part of the trail since you are climbing up a steep incline. If you take your dog with you, there are no clean up bags on the trail. There are also maps and an info board near the parking lot. There was a bike trail too; but have yet taken it. Enjoy the hike and views.

I have been here before but for some reason the directions on how to get there changed, its directing me to go through the orchards...that is not a valid route. Other than that its really nice, family friendly especially for the little ones

Paved road all the way to trail head, easy access. Several trails to choose from, however the farther back you get the harder the trail is to find. We ended up cutting through a field to get on the bike trail. Reflection Pond is a SEASONAL pond. We made it all the way there just to find the pond was dry. Easy hike, would like to do it again in the spring after the rainy season.

Loved it nice little Bakersfield hidden gem

This is a great easy hike especially in the spring when the weather is good and the wild flowers are blooming

very nice a hidden oasis

Awesome trail

I love just to get out of Bakersfield for this little hike, the festivals are fun and the wild flowers are so pretty! Great for photography portraits.

I wouldn't call this a hike per say, I also wouldn't come out here during the summer as it is all yellow, brown, and dead. Unless you want to see the sun set with smog in the distance. During the spring or winter, early in the morning it is worth the drive. Otherwise you can go into the Kern Canyon for 45 min and find an actual trail to hike with scenery. That's just my opinion however.

I did you the 10k trail run...awesome!!!

1st hike by myself and I loved it