Willow Canyon Trail

Willow Canyon Trail is a 3.4 mile loop trail located near Laguna Beach, CA that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and trail running.

There is a $3 parking fee.

Beautiful scenery throughout this very diverse trail. The route type changed 3 times; steep, mountainous incline to moderate rocky trail to flat plane. Signage is a bit tricky to follow so this app was very helpful. Great hike

it was great but i believe it is more that 3.4 mile

Challenging but fun hike! $3 parking. No dogs. Not much shade at all. Many branching trails making for lots of choices and a full day of hiking :)

The uphill hike at the beginning is the hardest part, hang in there, it's worth it! Views are beautiful and nice option if you don't want to go all the way to the end of the 133 for trails closer to the beach.

This is one of my favorite trails. Absolutely love the challenge at the beginning of the trail. Hiked this trails so many times. Sometimes 3 miles sometimes more. We've walked all the way to Laguna Beach, walked along the beach and back to the start of Willow Trail. I would highly recommend this trail. You have many options to connect onto trails that connect to this trail that could take you all the way over to Pelican if you choose. Hope to do this soon!

Just have to go to the top to see full views of the ocean. Take the wide trail up, narrow shadier trail down. About 5 miles round trip. It's steep going up so for tourists or those not in shape, not "easy." I jogged about half. Not crowded, easy to find. No dogs are allowed on any of the Laguna Wilderness trails FYI! 700 acres total, nothing new.

A lot of Narrow trails
Nice nature walk
Views of the 73 and surrounding landscape, no water views

Not much shade and indeed pretty steep if you follow Willow trail. I only saw one bike but lots of bike tracks so it must be popular.

It was a pretty nice hike

Went up the Laurel Canyon side (the fire road) and down the Willow Canyon side (a relief to escape the bikes). The fire road is indeed steep (and exposed) -- ocean breeze at the top felt really good. Willow Canyon had delightful flowers and views -- better coming down, I think. Gnatcatcher flock in the willows at the bottom. Took this oldtimer more like 3 hrs.

Very steep, come prepared for this. Overall great hike. Definitely would recommend to others. Again , love the area.

Great hike with beautiful views. It is steep so you will get a great workout. It does get hot so bring lots of water.

Great hike with the kids but the first part is very steep and there are tons of bugs, not so easy.

No waterfall for us but it must be beautiful with water running through the Canyon, we may come back after a good rain. The Willow Canyon trail is large, we can see big rocks and we have a nice view on the Canyon. Then we went down through Laurel which was great, very narrow path in the middle of the trees and bushes with a lot of small rocks and birds.

It took us 2 hours to complete with 3 kids; 8, 6 and 3 years old. Plus a baby.

Did this hike with REI on Saturday. we did a 4.7 mile section of it. we started out doing the tough uphill first which led us down through the shady part at the end of the day. the first bit (depending on which direction you take) is quite steep (ala Modjeska canyon) for about 1.5 to 2 miles. once you reach the ridge then you can choose several directions which give you some view of the ocean. coming down we found a "No bikes allowed" narrow path that leads through a shady area adjacent to what would probably be a small river bed had there been any rain this winter. all in all a wonderful hike.

I loved this trail but let me tell ya it was long! A friend and I decided we wanted to take this to the beach and even the wilderness man at the beginning warned us it would be a long way! The first part was pretty much all uphill! But we eventually made it and it was great! Definitely go early! I would do it again!

I love heading to Laguana Beach and hiking this trail. For ease in starting out, take the path closest to Rt 133 to begin otherwise you will be hiking up quite an incline rather than descending it at the end. I've taken my camera and gotten some beautiful photos.