San Simeon Bay Trail

San Simeon Bay Trail is a 4.3 mile out and back trail located near San Simeon, California that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding.

beach

Wish we could have done this hike. Rain the past few days. Couldn't cross the river of water in the beach near the parking lot.

Gorgeous

Great easy hike. Dog friendly and beautiful views.

Easy, safe footing. Very scenic. Differing gorgeous views.

Great views and amazing moment for pictures. The walk was easy.

Beautiful beautiful beautiful! Truly a beautiful part of the California coast! I've been all up and down CA, this location was truly majestic! I hiked on a Tuesday during spring break. I only saw a few folks on the trail and most went to the first point and turned around. I spent a total of 2 hours on the trail exploring with my dog, for an entire hour I didn't see anyone!

There's a fantastic little food stop by the park. They even had wine!

The beach wasn't crowded at all. A few families were set up for a beach day and that's it. Some folks were fishing off the pier and some were kayaking. I saw dolphins swimming by the point too! I highly recommend this easy trail for novice and experienced hikers for the scenery alone! Not much for a hard workout though.

I plan on returning to the area again with my kids.

Great trail once we worked out where the trail started.

What a nice trail.With the coastline on my left and coastal plains to my right this trail was outstanding! Wild sealife, tidepools, eucalyptus and pine trees make this hike a great one. The grand Pacific ocean, cloud formations above the horizon and the sunsets are breathtaking.

On the return hike, heading southeast, when returning from the open range area, when you first arrive at the Cypress Tree groves, turn left and follow the treeline, for a shortcut back to the Hearst Beach. It will save you a couple miles. You can disregard any "Private Property of Hearst Corp." signs. A local hiker told me that their club marked the "Treeline Trail" shortcut in 2014, but Hearst employees took down those markers and put up the "Private Property" signs in response. Apparently a message "you can hike the beautiful trails, but don't post any signs".

Trail was full of surprises. Every corner produced more visual beauty than the last. The trail was full of variation. Rocky sea cliffs to sandy beach to wooded groves and dense trees. It was overall a good, easy hike to enjoy God's beautiful creation on the central coast of California. We where camping at San Simeon State park which was close.

One of my favorite hikes. Great views, great weather,next to the beach.