Wildwood Park Lizard Rock Trail

Wildwood Park Lizard Rock Trail is a 4.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Thousand Oaks, CA that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Good ass hike

Excellent ride!

You have to kinda scramble to the top but it was fun! Combined with Paradise Falls Loop

Really liked this hike. We went to paradise falls and it had to be the best waterfall I've seen yet. The only downside is that you can't go into the water and you probably wouldn't want to anyway since its from the treatment plant nearby. Yikes! The teepee is also pretty cool to see. It was an easy hike until you continue past the waterfall. It begins to incline which is a bit challenging along with the few switchbacks as you get closer to the top. The views are nice once you've reached the top and the way back down is nice and easy. I was a bit scared because of the mountain lion posts but no sightings! Haha! I do want to advise about the bad smells on the trail and you pass the treatment plant. It's pretty intense but it doesn't last for too long. I recommend getting there early as the parking lot gets full and also beware of the poison oak that's around in shady areas.

Easy trail which is pretty flat except for the short period of vertical gain at the top which is worth the view!

This was an overall fun hike. First, we did the Lizard Rock Trail. We then looped back to meet up with the stagecoach trail. We took the stagecoach trail down to where the falls trail starts. This is right about where the Teepee is. Generally, it was not very strenuous. It gets steep on the lizard rock trail right before you get to the rock itself. But it’s only for a short bit. It was maybe 50 yards worth of steep uphill. The waterfall was flowing nicely that day. Water looked not so clean. I would not recommend letting children wade in it or go for a swim.

It was a nice hike. It was a bit steep going up and down when you get close to the top but the view was worth it.

Good hike, but if you go down to the waterfall first, it's a pretty steep incline.

Took a group of 13 ranging in age from 8 years to mid 40's. A really vigorous hike uphill at length if you turn off and go see the waterfall first. Bathroom hut at the bottom with picnic tables and lots of areas to explore in a nice shady, quiet area with a shallow creek running through it. Give yourself a good few hours to take it all in, we could have stayed longer.

Beautiful peaceful views from Lizard Rock. I sat up there for a good 30 minutes just watching birds fly around listening & admiring. A lot of friendly hikers as well which made it enjoyable.

Great spot that you can make as easy to moderate as you like since there are so many trail options. I usually run these trails as they're pretty wide and maintained. Very safe for solo hikers. Crowded on the main trail but many moments of having it all to yourself as well! Not much (if any) shade away from paradise falls trail so bring lots of water. Gets hot quick!

Great trail, but main trail is crowded on weekends

I used to jog from my house to lizard rock and back. It is very easy and pet friendly.

The trail is nice. But it's very busy. I brought my dog and she got giardiasis from the water... So I'd recommend not getting in.

The trail is nice