Wildwood Canyon State Park Trail

Wildwood Canyon State Park Trail is a 2.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Yucaipa, CA that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

old growth

One of the trails in Yucaipa. Open all year to all skill level. Hike through a valley at Wildwood Canyon State Park.

I decided to go to the right at the entrance. It was beautiful but very overgrown, lots of wildflowers and bees. I do not recommend going by yourself. I saw a snake with its body swaying in the air half way through the trail and ran back out. I realize I was hiking at a bad time of day- noon. Maybe morning would be better. Bring a machete, a stick and a friend.

I have been on both trails up to the ranch house , barn, and other buildings as well as to the hi up house. The fire road that goes to the ranch house is nice and wide. There's little shade so go early in the summer and always bring water. Then, there was the line of trees right by the entrance of the ranch. My 4 and 6 year old had no trouble with this trail and its okay for strollers. A bit long if you don't walk with your stroller that often.I would only take the strollers made for dirt trails and stay on fire road only. The high up trail is narrow at some points there are a couple places to catch it.Not made for strollers. If you go by the picnic area it's covered with trees and shady for a while. If you go to the main entrance by gate, it is open for a bit. Still love both trails. We made a canvas out of the picture of the trees along the hike and hung it in our living room. Great for young kids.

The main trail that goes across this park is known as the Water Canyon Trail which some people confuse with Pisgah Peak. There's around five trails inside this park. What's ironic leaving Palm Springs was like 115 degrees and coming here that day being July 20. It was overcast where you could hear the roar of thunder. It was high 70's, the weather was awesome. You'll wish you were on a horse back roaming this area that morning...