Wildcat Canyon Loop Trail

Wildcat Canyon Loop Trail is a 11.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Richmond, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

11.1 miles 2060 feet Loop

Take Wildcat Canyon Creek Trail to Laurel Canyon Road up to Nimitz Trail.

Great trail but very challenging with the rain.

Wow, superseded my expectations! We missed the trail we had planned so took a longer one - Wildcat Canyon, Belgum, Nimitz, Curran, Wildcat George, Curran, slight deviation to Lake Anza, back to Wildcat George, and took Lone Oak back to Wildcat Canyon. It was a 15 mile loop with few hills and beautiful with creeks, reservoir, views of East Bay, cows, and wild turkeys. Best trails of them all were Curran and Wildcat George. Not crowded with many parking lots. Cell phone also works the entire time :). I would return and explore many other routes.

I started at the Alvarado Park and went for few miles strenuous uphill hike: First to the Bonitas Gate Trail, then the Monte Cresta Trail, I passed the Belgum Trail and reached the San Pablo Ridge Trail. Instead of hiking up to the ridge I went below it. Coming down the hill by the Mezue Trail and turned right onto the Wildcat Creek Trail and back to the parking lot. Total distance was 6.5 miles with 1,263 ft. elevation (see my recorded track). This track was rated moderate and I did it for little over 2 hours. This track has many great views for the hills, canyon and the bay (see photos). I highly recommended.

Wildcat is a great hike with some great views and if you're doing it in the heat along with the distance maybe it should have a little more than a moderate rating.

What a fabulous hike! Great views from the ridge line. A number of mountain bikers around. It was fairly vertical in parts especially to the summit but it's worth it! One of my favorite hikes!

It's my second time here. Choose the easy trail with my 2 kids who still need to be in the stroller. My 2 yrs old walked by himself for a bit. And it's safe and fun for him to go free like a maniac. Nice shady area on the trip. Pretty easy to walk and push stroller with. Great day to spend with friends and family for a healthy activity like this.

We went during the drought and there was no shade and it was pretty dry and hot. Ill need to come back in a different climate