Whiting Ranch Trail

Whiting Ranch Trail is a 6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Foothill Ranch, CA that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

pretty fun, worth the uphill up mustard

Its an easy hike if you just go for the red rock trail. That's where you see all those Arizona type stone hills.
once you finish red rock and come back to the fork on the road, go take billy goat hike all th eway to four square,. That is some what challenging and a great workout.

it's ok, easy hike

Easy and fun

Fun

Had an easy time of this trail until we decided to go up dreaded hill. We didn't bring enough water and my hiking companion had to turn around and go back. I enjoyed the climb but without enough water and no shade of any kind, the heat got to us. Next time twice the water and only in the morning.

Did this hike yesterday (plus I added a hike up Red Rock Canyon Trail and Vista Outlook Trail). It was great! Challenging moments but plenty of gentle breaks. I started up the Sorreno Road and came back the Borrego Trail.

I didnt find it hard. There are lots of bikers on the straight bike trail. At the end of that trail you follow red rock trail.

Great hike! It does say kid friendly so I brought my daughter with me on her stroller and I must say it's not that stroller friendly. it's doable but it took some work. There are areas of sand and rocks, including on the hills and this is where it was a struggle with the stroller. I didn't go as far as I would have liked to because of it but very beautiful.

Tougher than I expected. Great scenery. Friendly people.

Great hike !

Nice views!

The information above that "Dogs are also able to use this trail..." is incorrect. Dogs are not permitted within Whiting Ranch Wilderness Park. There is in fact a $250 fine that is subject to doubling. Please refer to http://www.whitingranch.com for detailed information as to why dogs are not permitted, under the heading of "No Dogs Allowed?".

Also, the Luge Trail is not located in WRWP, and is not shown as any portion of the red trail indicated on the map profile. The Luge is an offshoot from the Santiago Truck Trail.

The trail was spectacular and I loved the big climb. The reason I gave it only 3 stars is because this site says that it's dog friendly and it is not. We ended up having to leave early because our dogs were not actually allowed on the trail. Also, the part of the trail that heads south-east is a single-wide trail that mountain bikers use to go super fast. If you're not paying attention or wearing headphones, it would be very easy to get hit by someone going 25mph

January Hike. Incredible scenery. Watch