West Side Road Trail

West Side Road Trail is a 15.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Ramona, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from December until May.

We started off at my friends house, so hiked over 2 miles to the end of Ramona Oaks and then went up the hill. Gorgeous hike, beautiful views, paved uphill at first, then goes into easy rolling hike. Beware for Rattlers. Got close to one hiding in. The shade. And it was early morning. Fortunately he was stretched out, and I can still move really fast

I live just down the street and the trailhead is off by about a 1/2 mile so not too bad. The trail goes up about 4 miles then is COMPLETELY overgrown. tried treking through it with my bike for about 100 yards then just gave up because the sun was starting to set. Other than that it is all up hill on the way out and a fun but very rocky downhill on the way back.

Very nice hike with nice views. We were looking forward to seeing the waterfall but when we got about 2.3 miles up the trail we ran into NO TRESPASSING signs so we turned around.

Up, up, & then small ups & downs & flat at times, but it's a great hike! The mountain views are...well huge of course & beautiful. There is also a river & waterfall! The trailhead isn't marked & this app directs you approximately a few hundred feet in the wrong direction. The trail starts at the end of the road as a paved trail & then becomes dirt. At first I was confused because I thought I was entering private property. Other than this minor confusion the trail is clear to follow.

Trail and surrounding valleys are green right now. I have hiked this tail twice now with my dog. Looking forward to seeing the falls in the spring. Can't help but miss Cedar Creek as I see both approches from this walk.

I love this trail, it's one of my favorites for biking since it's right by my house. It's up hill the entire way there but that means it's downhill the way back. If you go after it rains you can see Devil's Jumpoff.

beautiful place to hike, loved it the only thing is that the waterfall is on private land. Good work out UP to the waterfall. Up hill to get there almost all the way.