West Cliff Drive Santa Cru

West Cliff Drive Santa Cru is a 4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Santa Cruz, CA that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

surfing

beach

Explore over two miles of wheelchair accessable coastline. These trails are multi-use and available for walking, cycling, skating, beach. This is a great place for a sunset stroll. Two miles of wheelchair accessable "mixed use bicycle path" along the scenic Santa Cruz Coast. Path covers visual and physical access to: Surfing, cycling, skating, walking, tidepools, beach, kite flying, fishing, frisbee, sponge and skim boarding, dogs playing on beach and open fields, sea otters, seals, whales and dolphins and monarch butterflies in season, pelicans, cormorants, seagulls and shorebirds, crabs, sea anenomes, lighthouse, and all ages of people out enjoying themselves. Within walking distance of one end is the Boardwalk and municipal pier, the other end has Natural Bridges state park. Moderate temperature in summer. Bring your camera, binoculars, and whole family including your dog (leash required on path but not on Lighthouse beach). Probably one of the most densely packed nature walks and recreation area in Santa Cruz.

So fortunate to live within a few blocks of West Cliff. A beautiful place to walk, jog, run or bike ride. Not a trail more of a scenic spot surrounded by homes!

Nice walk!

Beautiful walk along the beach! Not a hiking trip more of walking and enjoying the ocean view

This is basically a sidewalk along a street. Not a hike

Beautiful coast trail

A little crowded at lunchtime, but still worth it for the amazing views.

scenic driving

A nice drive or walk along the ocean. We walked to the lighthouse and saw some sessions. Easy and peaceful.

Simply beautiful!!! Took many people's advice and started my hike super early... Around 9am to beat the crowds.

scenic driving

We drove this after spending the night in Santa Cruz. Very pretty. Stopped and watched surfers near the surfers museum.

So very pretty. Very crowded but worth it for the views

Regardless of the crowds, the beauty of the Pacific is unrivaled here. Easy walk to Natural Bridges State Beach. Lots of things to look for along the way. Surfers catching sometimes giant waves near the lighthouse, surfing museum, sea lions, seabirds, and have spotted some dolphins swimming along the coastline. Great landscape and powerful crashing waves. I'll be back for more.

Once again I was unprepared when I attempted to walk this trail. I assumed I would just walk up West Cliff Dr. and take a 2 mile hike through Lighthouse Field State Park. I was wrong, I started from Beach St. & West Cliff Dr. it was 2.81 miles to reach Natural Bridges State Park and then from Natural Bridges State Park to where I finished West Cliff Dr. & Pacific Ave was 2.93 miles. I would say this is the most beautiful & scenic walk along the Pacific Ocean I have been on.

Beautiful views of the Pacific Ocean but easy and crowded.

Walking from Natural bridges up to the end of the wharf and back again is approx 6.4 miles, lots to see and distract you making this a pretty rewarding walk.. start late morning, soup witht he sea lions and back in a few hours !

Love this spot! Its great for me and my dog. My dog especially enjoys some beach time while I enjoy and appreciate the views while walking along.