Weir Canyon Trail

Weir Canyon Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Irvine, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

fun but easy hike

Nice. Was hot

This is a great trail. Lots of different views and grades which make it good for a never-boring walk. The breeze makes all the difference and keeps it cool on warm days. I've seen Whitetail rabbits lizards a road runner and heard a woodpecker. I've only seen one snake and that was a garden snake. The mountain bikers love the trail and there are plenty of them so you just need to be aware turning corners. In early spring there is Sage growing along the trail and plenty of Rosemary. There is a shortcut if you don't want to do the whole loop, you can turn at Deerweed Trail which cuts the loop by about half.

I really enjoyed this trail. It is not flat, and I never felt like the uphill parts were long or arduous. Saw some lizards and heard a lot of rattling in the shrubs. There was a nice cool breeze today that felt good when walking on the sunny ridge. There were a fair amount of other hikers with and without dogs, as well as a lot of mountain bikers (so keep your eyes and ears open for them!). I'll definitely be back here to explore the other trails in the area. It took me about an hour and 15 minutes to complete this trail.

The trail was beautiful, plus it's tucked back so it makes you feel like your somewhere else. The hike is relatively easy, but it does have a few steep hills. We took our dogs which was what made it that much more enjoyable! Highly recommend this hike.

This trail is an excellent beginners ride.

Nice day out, some challenging spots if you want or you can take it easy, many people out and about the trail. I did not complete all of it

Its a beautiful trail, well maintained, its easy and the view on the top stunning.. i recommend this trail for everyone. Be careful, there's some bikers too.

Fun hike

My nine year old and I just started hiking and we loved it. He could have keeled going but I was feeling he burn. Definitely coming back!!

I decided to start hiking to avoid the dreaded gym cardio. It was my first hike and it was spectacular. I saw one other person on the trail. Great scenic views. I'm in my late sixties and found it to be a fairly easy trek. I'll be returning soon!

Intense, definitely felt the burn but so much worth when i made it to the top of the hill.

Great local hike, easy enough to get back into hiking. Dog friendly which is even better.... It's an easy morning hike to feel back in nature

Fun trail! We were more out of shape and this was my roommate and I's first hike. I think it was a good starter hike though it took us about 3.5 hours haha. Views were awesome though!

My group and I had such a great time. So many different trails. We went off the trails and climbed rocks, ran some of it. It was the best cardio workout.

i really enjoy this place the mountain views are nice. there several trails all with good views. well maintained trails

This hike was pretty intense at times but my friend and I took it slow. It turned out to be a little more than 5 miles for us. There is no shade at all and you definitely need a lot of water. Overall this was a gorgeous hike with amazing views!