Weir Canyon Trail

Weir Canyon Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Irvine, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Challenging hike for beginners but the views made it all worth it :)

Great hike! Mine was a fast pace hike with a couple stops for water breaks and to just enjoy the view. My hike was with OC Parks so it was a group and we got to go a different route than most people. We started at the Outdoor Education Center, took the IROEC Trail to a gate that opened to the Weir canyon trail. This is normally locked but OC Parks opened it. Here we entered the Weir canyon trail going a couple miles before cutting back onto the Roadrunner Loop. Total miles was 3.8 miles. Took about an hour and a half. Lots of inclines so not the easiest hike but I felt it was the perfect amount and the trail ends rather flat giving you a nice cool down period. 610ft elevation gain.

Great for a quick hike and love that I can bring my dogs. Less poop laying around than most dog-friendly trails, which is nice. Thanks everyone for picking up after your pups!

Moderate up and down trail through the canyon. Did the loop which ended up being a little under 4 miles. Watch for mountain bikers

This was an awesome hike and the views were breathtaking!

This is my regular hike route. If I'm able to I hike this trail after work before going home. Lightly trafficked. Be aware of coyotes. They're not seen regularly but I have seen them on occasion.