Weaver Lake Trail

Weaver Lake Trail is a 6.6 mile out and back trail located near Sequoia National Park, CA that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, and fishing and is accessible from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

I'm not going to lie, this trail can be tough on the way up because of the starting elevation and elevation gain, but it's not something that should scare you away. There are two separate cut-offs that will significantly shorten the length of the hike and eliminate most of the climb. This was my first backpacking trip and it was absolutely worth it! Caught a lot of trout on Mepps and Rooster Tail style lures as well as on a small crank bait.

Possibly the clearest lake I've seen in my entire life, well worth the trip!

This was my wife and I first time hiking anywhere, it took us 2 hours, (including breaks), to get to the lake all uphill, we were tired but it was definitely worth it. It was very clean and calm. We didn't get to stay long, just had lunch and stayed a bit but will definitely be going back, hopefully we'll get to camp out next time.

Perfect for your kiss first backpacking trip!

Nice day hike. easy access. Dogs are allowed but should be well trained and in condition for the altitude.

Awesome! Loved the trail.. Lots of poop tho

Wonderful trail. There was a lot of horse poop but that didn't bother me. The lake was warm, I wish I had time to swim. My gps said it was 7.3 miles. It was a little longer than I would have liked. I would say the trail was moderate. The way there is quite a climb but the lake was beautiful. I did see several other people as well. It is also fine to take dogs I don't know why the app says no dogs. I asked 4 park rangers and they said dogs are allowed because it's forest land.

A buttkicker going up... But the view at the top is worth it!! Loved the lake. Very majestic!

Be careful with all the horse poop

Walked it very early, a nice, quiet climd to the lake. An excellent and easy hike.

Good first time hike. Easy level. Beautiful view. Wildlife is abundant. Fishing is okay. Mom use to take me as a kid and i will take mine soon.

Nice, relatively easy hike. First time I had done this hike. Weaver Lake was nice. Caught some fish there. Enjoyed a nice weekend there and a second day excursion on a self-made path to Jennie Lake, which was very pretty. This is obviously a popular location due to it's relatively short distance. During the busy summer I would avoid this area.

As a side note, if you head pretty much directly West for about 1/2 mile from Weaver Lake, you will come upon a beautiful, secluded, lake. It'll take some bouldering, but it is so very peaceful and private.

I day hiked this trail today.. it is uphill the entire way up to weaver lake... (you'll definitely need to stop for a few breathers) the lake is very nice, trail is clean. and there may be a few fallen trees you'll need to jump over... lake is great for trout fishing

Backpacked to Weaver Lake in early June 2013. Stayed there for 2 nights with my friend. Pretty easy hike. The weather was perfect for June. Plenty of creeks along the way. Would do again. Next time, I would do the entire loop and make it a 4 nighter.

Great beginner hike. We hiked in on a Monday morning and stayed 2 nights. Very relaxing and peaceful place to getaway from the hectic lifestyle that most of us live. We encountered Grandparents to children as young as 3 years old on our adventure . Will definitely do this hike again in the near future.

We had a great hike this weekend. This was our first experience hiking to Weaver Lake. Well maintained trail and beautiful views. The afternoon temps were in the low 70s and the overnight was in the low 50s. We didn't have any issues with mosquitos either. Our new top 5 places to hike to.

If you looking for a short hike into the Forrest this is a great one. Its a simple hike to the lake and it has plenty of fish. Very beautiful area.

HIked on a Friday. Shorts and T-shirt weather. Nice day hike. Mix of sun and shade. We left from the Big Meadow Trailhead at 10:00 am and were lake side by 12:00. Last 1/2 mile of the hike is a gentle incline. If you plan to enjoy the sun while at the lake, sunscreen is recommended. Left the lake at 2:00 and we were have at the trail head at 3:45.