Walker Ridge Road

Walker Ridge Road is a 14.5 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Williams, CA that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for off road driving and is accessible year-round.

14.5 miles 2332 feet Point to Point

off road driving

1 hour ago

I went here on a rainy day in November. Nice drive, green rolling hills all around. There was a lot of mud on the road with many with many turns uphill and downhill; 4x4 was necessary. There was no cellphone signal up there, and only saw another driver pass by. Eventually, I ended at a crossroads in the middle of nowhere, with no visual landmarks or or cell signal to guide me, but the Gps on my phone saying I had arrived at my destination. I busted out my California Map book, never leave home without it, so I got my sense of direction back, and decided to follow Bartlett springs road all the way to the Indian Valley Reservoir Valley. Came back same way I went in, but you can follow Bartlett springs road all the way to Highway 20 North of Clearlake.

off road driving

Basically, a well maintained fire road (some wash-board section). It traverses Walker Ridge and is a "loop" trail, not meeting up exactly at the start. There is a four-way "intersection" about a third of the way in (or 2/3 in depending on your point-of-entry). The direction-sign there is shot-out by over-zealous firearm enthusiasts. A nice, short spring trip. I'm sure it could get pretty hot during the peak of summer.