Vital Link Trail

Vital Link Trail is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Burbank, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Very strenuous and rewarding hike. Bring a water bottle if you go during mid day as there is little shade. Switch backs after switch backs closer to the top are fun. The view is spectacular on a clear day!

This trail is absolutely beautiful. It's also a good challenge!

This time of year seems to be perfect to go; especially since it's been raining. Everything is green and the temperature seems just right.

Not a beginner hike. This is a butt kicker! Steep uphill incline all the way up that seems to never end! It does eventually.. lol definitely a workout.

My favorite short hike and I have hiked quite a few of them. The hike averages 19.1% grade up over 1.7 miles.
This exceeds my usual workout up Camel Back in phoenix which averages 18.9% grade over 1.2 miles. My goal is to do the whole 3.4 mile round trip in under an hour. Great views at the top. The hike is very exposed without shade so bring lots of water on the warm days. On weekdays you may run into about 10-15 people so a fairly tranquil and quiet hike. Great free therapy!!! Just do it!

Hard but doable. Loved it.

Great workout, lots of varied climbing. Parking is super easy & free. Not the best views/scenery, but overall a hike I will definitely do again.

It was my first time on this particular trail and I have to say that it is a tough one, you climbing from the start and it seems like it never stops until you to the top. The trail gets very narrow at certain points and the drop offs are pretty intense. This trail is a work out for the whole body, I look forward to doing it again now that I know what I'm in for