Vincent Tumaiiat Trail-Peak to Peak

Vincent Tumaiiat Trail-Peak to Peak is a 8.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Frazier Park, CA and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from March until November.

awesome trail!
We hiked on weekday and didn't see anyone for 6 hour hike

We did this trail yesterday, and it was my second time. I remembered it being really difficult. It was just as painful the second time as it was the first. This trip, we took the offshoot to Sawmill peak, the highest point in Kern County. I recommend taking this short detour.

My advice is don't take beginners on this hike, or maybe go Pinos to Sawmill and turn around. 14 miles is a long hike for a day, but if you're training for a big hike at around 8000 feet with lots of climbs and descents, this one's for you. Bring lots of water, as you won't find any on the trail.

MY first 14 miles hike roundtrip. I loved it.

Not sure why it was marked as a double black diamond... There are some challenging uphill portions, but nothing too intense. Plenty of flat spots for breaks and a well-maintained trail for the vast majority of it.
Great vantage point to view the Central Valley... too bad said valley usually has a cloud of smog over it.