Viejas Mountain Trail

Viejas Mountain Trail is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Alpine, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and birding and is best used from February until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Followed the tips from reviews and parked by the graffiti rocks. Trail is very obvious and plenty of switchbacks. We did go on a partly cloudy day and missed out on the views since it got very foggy and started raining too. Still a fun workout. I'll go back on a sunny day!

Nice views, but I found nothing that resembled a trail or a trail marker. You guys must have a sixth sense! I cross- countried a bit, but it's pretty dense. Good luck!

Great butt kicking hike. You have a 360 degree view once you reach the top!

Such a great hike. My legs are burning. My dogs are exhausted. Beautiful views. I missed the trail the first time. Make sure to look for the graffiti rocks. It marks the trail entrance.

I love this trail. I take my pups and it's nice not to run into a lot of people.

Enjoyed this hike. It was hard to find when you park we went the wrong way at first so for first timers just go up the hill with the rocks. Super rocky and steep and definitely took a lot of breaks but the view is amazing and so worth it!

Good little trail, steep and a good 50min quadburner. I ran in rain and fog so no view at all, but I'll be back.

Rocky and steep trail but gorgeous views! The entrance is kind of hidden probably wouldn't have found it if I didn't use this app. No signs that I saw either. Wear your hiking shoes! You can see all the way past cowles mountain to the water.