Vernal and Nevada Falls via the Panorama Trail

Vernal and Nevada Falls via the Panorama Trail is a 8.2 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Yosemite National Park, California that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from May until October.

8.2 miles 1190 feet Point to Point

A mostly-downhill hike with views of Half Dome, Nevada Fall, Vernal Fall, Yosemite Falls and the Yosemite Valley There is no better hike in Yosemite National Park which offers the amazing views of Half Dome, Vernal Fall, Nevada Fall, Illilouette Fall, Yosemite Fall, and the entire Valley than the Panorama Trail. This hike will take you on an adventure from Glacier Point, high above the valley, down to the Mist Trail where you will hike next to both Nevada and Vernal Falls. The hike ends near Curry Village where you can grab a bite to eat or take the free shuttle to anywhere in the park. While this hike loses 2,800ft in elevation, it is not an easy hike; some would even rate it as strenuous. After the initial climb down to Illilouette Fall you will hike back up 800ft of steep switchbacks before hiking down the same distance immediately after. The Mist Trail can be especially tough on the knees, especially the section from the top of Nevada Fall to Vernal Fall, which is almost exclusively made up of small stone steps. But don't let that discourage you, the views of the Falls, the Valley, and the surrounding area more than make up for the aches and pains you may keep with you the next few days.

easy hiking
but beautiful place

Did this hike in late Spring of 2016. I absolutely loved it! It is definitely a knee buster though. Especially if you happen to have a dormant knee injury that you forgot about. It was an absolutely gorgeous experience starting 3,000 ft about the yosemite valley. (I would recommend parking for free in Yosemite Valley and purchasing a one-way ticket for the Glacier Point Tour Bus, which is what I did). Going in late spring meant there was a lot of water going through the falls and it highly recommended. Going down the Mist Trail had its problems for me with my knee injury but I got through it. Those steps are killer, and a bit scary. If I had my knee brace I would have been perfectly fine!

Great trail I think it was more moderate than difficult. It was beautiful and I would definitely go again but in the spring instead of the fall.

If you can only do one day hike in Yosemite this is it. Panorama Trail through hike to Half Dome Village. We started from Glacier Point and hiked down the Panorama Trail circling into the valley, joining the Mist Trail to Half Dome Village.

So beautiful, fun... of all my hikes to date this is my favorite. For now. Remind me to upload some pictures and you can describe.

awesome hike! started from the valley and ended in glacier point. no people once we went past the main falls at the beggining. be sure to check shuttle schedule! we had to hitch back to the valley!

I started at Glacier Point and made my way down to the Valley. Took Four Mile from the Valley to Glacier Point.

The hike has a bit of elevation, but the overall 14 miles was a breeze compared to El Capitan & Clouds Rest.

I really enjoyed the scenery throughout the entire hike. I'd vote that it has better views and scenery than El Capitan, but nothing even close to as epic as Clouds Rest. If you're willing to knock out this much mileage, I'd highly recommend going the extra distance for Clouds Rest.

We started at Glacier Point and hiked down to the valley. Awesome views! This is by far the best hike in Yosemite. Very challenging but worth it.

I did this trail yesterday out and back to Nevada Falls. Was a beautiful walk for about 3/4 of the way back but the climb back to Glacier Point was pretty brutal at the end of the day. Take plenty of water and some protein. You'll need it.

The trail really does allow for some of the most spectacular views I have ever been witness too so bring a good camera and stop often as the perspective changes quickly as you hike. I want to do this again but recommend you hike all the way to the floor and take a shuttle back to Glacier point to get back to your car.

Great Views
we started from glacier point.
make sure you go toward to navada fall first and then came back.
carry at-least 2 and half litter water

To date, this is the most beautiful trail I have ever been on. Was on this trail heading to Little Yosemite before summiting Half Dome on Labor Day Weekend. Definitely not crowded, even on a holiday weekend. You get views of valley and the high country that you just cannot describe.

*One note*

We were originally permitted and intending to sleep near Illioutte Fall our first night. It is basically impossible to legally backcountry camp along this route. Anywhere that is flat, holds soil and is far enough away from the trails and water sources is too dense with vegetation. You should plan to push all the way through to an area like Little Yosemite Campground.

great trail. beauitful views