Verdugo Mountains, South End Loop Trail

Verdugo Mountains, South End Loop Trail is a 5.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Glendale, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is best used from June until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Very nice place ⛰❤️

Pretty sure I didn't walk for 5.8 miles and it seems that it's two separate loops that combines to form that but I'm still unsure how that was supposed to work!

Anyways, I did make it to the waterfall which was decent compared to some others I've seen, but that's LA for you. The hike was relatively easy - definitely recommend going up the train at the very beginning instead of walking up the road. There's plenty of shade, which is why I chose to do this trail instead of some others.

Nice with lots of opportunities to make it harder. Very versatile and mountain bike friendly. At 3:30 pm you get a lot of shade. I kept going and logged in 11.3 miles and over 2000*feet of climbing. Great views!

Loved it. Few people, amazing views, great workout. What else could you ask for in the center of America's 2nd largest city. Another LA awesome.

It was a great, moderate hike and very green which was nice. Some really nice views with a decent incline/decline. Took around 2 hours. More like 6.2 miles I'd say. Would definitely come back.

When I measured it my app said 6.5 miles, and it is definitely a productive workout. The incline is good for legs, however there is not much shade.

I'm in love with this place❤️so peaceful