Twin Peaks Trail

Twin Peaks Trail is a 1.6 mile out and back trail located near Poway, California and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is accessible from October until June.

geocaching

This is a great hike. Like most of the reviews, it does get a bit confusing near the summit. Fortunately you'll have a phone signal the whole time, so using this app will help you navigate the loop. We got a little bit lost on the way down and had to bushwhack a bit to get back to the trail. The hike is a great departure from the "shopping mall" atmosphere of nearby Mt. Woodson and Iron Mountain... It feels quite remote and rugged, despite being flanked by a residential neighborhood. We saw only 2 other people out here on a Saturday afternoon. I would recommend pants instead of shorts due to how narrow the trail gets in spots. I kind of like the fact that this hike makes you stop and think, and use your sense of navigation when the terrain becomes rugged and confusing. I'll definitely do this one again.

Great hike! Some decent inclines and amazing wildlife. Saw rabbits, quail, lizards, hawks, etc. Gets a little easy to lost the trail at the top.

A quick hike, lost the trail by the summit, had to scramble over some rocks...fun times!

Rock climbing at the top. Not for me.

It's a good hike to start with...rather than going to a longer and higher elevations ...

Fun, even though I got lost. I thought I was on the trail but my choices seemed to parallel the mapped trail fairly often. No worries though - keep going up until you want to start coming down. You're not truly bush whacking but once off the fire road the trail isn't exactly 'marked'. Plenty of previous hiker's footprints helped lead the way.