Twin Lakes Trail

Twin Lakes Trail is a 6.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Shaver Lake, California that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

cave

Great destination for a late summer day trip. Be warned the 1st half mile or so is probably the steepest part of the day. Great winding trail through the forest and winding along side a creek you will cross numerous time. Once you get to the high point of the day @ the Kaiser Wilderness sign the views are fantastic. To the southwest you look down on Huntington Lake and to your north and east is the Kaiser Wilderness. From this point it's a scamper down the trail that winds through the rocks to a small trail sign pointing you left to Twin Lakes. Both lakes are gorgeous high mountain lakes, Upper Twin the larger of the two has much more room for visitors. Good camp sights are available but it's a very doable day trip if you just want to hit the lakes and have lunch.

good hike lots of mosquitoes bring spray but we'll worth the hike beautiful

Disfruté mucho los caminos, las vistas son increíbles. Y no hay nadie, así que tranquilo. Almorzamos en la punta de la montaña, así que fue relajante no tener mucho tránsito de gente.

This hike is awesome! Uphill climb to Potters Pass then downhill to the lakes. Quite a few hornets in the area, in fact had to leave because our pup thought they would be fun to play with, boy was she wrong. The climb out was steep but once on the pass, downhill all the way to trailhead.

pretty good trail, we clocked it at almost 8.5 miles not the 6.8 as stated above. pretty good incline the first 1.5 to 2 miles in and first 2 miles on the way out. we did notice a very large number of bees along most of the trail. they weren't much of a problem while hiking, but once we stopped to eat lunch they were pretty much everywhere.

Trails can be confusing. I recommend taking a picture of the hiking trail at the beginning and protection from wildlife.

Good hike. Take a picture of map and protection for wildlife.

This is one of my favorite hikes. I've gone a couple times but haven't made it all the way to George yet. Next time I'm going without kids or newbies so I can keep trekking! It takes us about 5 hours all together including the rest stops at the halfway point to admire the view before descending to the lakes and then of course at the lake. It is pretty intense at the beginning if you are not yet acclimated to the thinner air.

Nice trail end up lower lake this time I'd do it again all the way to top next time

Very nice trail. The first half of the return is a bit more than "easy" as it climbs pretty quickly, great lakes, nice views of snow capped peaks.

Absolutely beautiful!
I am not your average hiker! I am in my late 30s and over weight... this trail did not kick my ass like I had thought it would!! I love how it is wooded (for part of it anyway) You have to cross the creek 4 x! 3 of which there is no "bridge", so wear your synthetics!! It took us 3 hours going up (we stopped quite a few times)... 1.5 coming back.
I definitely recommend this hike!! it was absolutely amazing once we got to the lake!