Twin Lakes Trail

Twin Lakes Trail is a 6.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Shaver Lake, CA that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

cave

good hike lots of mosquitoes bring spray but we'll worth the hike beautiful

Disfruté mucho los caminos, las vistas son increíbles. Y no hay nadie, así que tranquilo. Almorzamos en la punta de la montaña, así que fue relajante no tener mucho tránsito de gente.

This hike is awesome! Uphill climb to Potters Pass then downhill to the lakes. Quite a few hornets in the area, in fact had to leave because our pup thought they would be fun to play with, boy was she wrong. The climb out was steep but once on the pass, downhill all the way to trailhead.

pretty good trail, we clocked it at almost 8.5 miles not the 6.8 as stated above. pretty good incline the first 1.5 to 2 miles in and first 2 miles on the way out. we did notice a very large number of bees along most of the trail. they weren't much of a problem while hiking, but once we stopped to eat lunch they were pretty much everywhere.

Trails can be confusing. I recommend taking a picture of the hiking trail at the beginning and protection from wildlife.

Good hike. Take a picture of map and protection for wildlife.

This is one of my favorite hikes. I've gone a couple times but haven't made it all the way to George yet. Next time I'm going without kids or newbies so I can keep trekking! It takes us about 5 hours all together including the rest stops at the halfway point to admire the view before descending to the lakes and then of course at the lake. It is pretty intense at the beginning if you are not yet acclimated to the thinner air.

Nice trail end up lower lake this time I'd do it again all the way to top next time

Very nice trail. The first half of the return is a bit more than "easy" as it climbs pretty quickly, great lakes, nice views of snow capped peaks.

Absolutely beautiful!
I am not your average hiker! I am in my late 30s and over weight... this trail did not kick my ass like I had thought it would!! I love how it is wooded (for part of it anyway) You have to cross the creek 4 x! 3 of which there is no "bridge", so wear your synthetics!! It took us 3 hours going up (we stopped quite a few times)... 1.5 coming back.
I definitely recommend this hike!! it was absolutely amazing once we got to the lake!

was a bit of gradual uphill on the way but flattened out beautiful Terrain when we got to the first Lake it was stunning but the second one was even more amazing only about a half-mile between Lakes. Dusty areas in the middle of the trail. But well worth it. took us about 2 hours both ways

One of my favorite hikes in the area! Makes for a great trail run and it's easy to find and follow!

Excellent hike on great trails passing through gorgeous terrain.

Great place for those living in the valley to beat the heat. Not as far as other hiking choices and not crowded on a Monday in the middle of summer. Nice to have several options for when and where to stop depending on how long one wants to hike.

One of my favorite spots. Moderate backpack and excellent day hike. There is a descent climb as the trail starts, but is basically flat or downhill after Potter's Pass. This lake is popular so don't plan on being having it to yourself, however there are plenty of spread out camp spots so it doesn't feel crowded.

My husband and I did this trail with our pups to see how we'd all do for our first over nighter together. The upper lake is beautiful. Many good spots to scout to set up camp. The hike in is gradual incline the first 2 miles, then drops into the lakes. Hiking back up that drop gets the blood pumping with a pack on but the entire trail is great. Went 7/2/16, great clear skies, no tent needed, just some deet! Hardly had to layer up. Maybe got to 50 at night, 80+ in the day. Sun is intense up there. Lots of day hikers on this trail. Definitely a popular place. We will be back!