Tuolumne Table Mountain

Tuolumne Table Mountain is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Jamestown, CA that features a cave and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

rock climbing

cave

Epic view, on one side of the table (casino on the other side).

This trail was super creepy. There were very few people out and my friend and I had an eerie feeling the entire time we hiked. AllTrails was super accurate about the trail head and parks, so we were able to find the location very easily. Photos included one of a lake, so I thought we would run into one during the hike, but soon realized it was actually very far away. It's was difficult to stay on trail, as there were multiple trails intersecting. This is not one we would attempt again.

good trail and great view.

Nice quick trail. From the start it looks impossible to get to the top of the mountain but it wasn't as hard as it looked. The view from the top made the rocky climb at the end worth it. The map here was perfect ... got us straight to the beginning of the trail. Not a summer hike as I predict it being really hot, I went on a cloudy fall day and it was perfect

The trail is easy to follow, not too technical and views are great. Table moutain really looks like a table top! Highly recommended

great trail

Very dog friendly, cool caves, and great view from the top. You can make this hike longer by adventuring around the top of the table top mountain.

I liked this trail. I want to come back in the spring when everything isn't so dry. I will say even though its dog friendly, I'm not sure all dogs could handle the rocky terrain towards the end. I am 25 years old and I was pretty scared to climb the end haha. Like all other reviewers stated, its totally worth it though. Its beautiful at the top. It definitely is an intermediate trail, but very enjoyable. I went really early in the morning since its now summer and it gets very hot so starting at 7am is ideal in summer. It's great for those wanting a challenge than your regular run of the mill trail. It is a little challenging finding the right way to go once you reach the rocky portion, but it didn't take long to figure out the way.

It wasn't what I expected. But, then again I went on a very hot day in June. It was a lot of dry grass and thorns everywhere. The table mountain is a great view but wouldn't do it again.

Enjoyable walk through beautiful California tall grass and oak trees. That's Part 1, and Part 4 on the return since it's a loop. The 500' climb (Part 2) is rocky and steep but a modest effort rewards the hiker with a stunning 180 degree panorama of a long treeless ridge and the reservoir down below. Up top is a rocky plateau, stark and barren. The view is remarkable and a real highlight, even on the same weekend I walked off several stunners in Yosemite, about an hour away. Part 3's descent is a little tricky, so watch your step! This week a flood of purple wild flowers dotted the golden tall grass and provided a nice visual contrast of colors. I saw several native birds and 3 wild turkeys down below, and some buzzards up on the ridge. Very hard to locate the trailhead. Park at the end of the road and look for a gate and trail sign around on the right side.

This hike was fun, especially once you are getting closer to the top. Definitely a moderate hike. The views of the cliffs as you start your hike are pretty cool, and the view at the top is beautiful, especially now that the lake has a little more water. Parking can be tricky. There is no parking lot so you just have to find a spot near the entrance which is a residential area. To find the beginning of the trail head to the metal gate and look to your right. The trail begins right behind a tree/bush. The sign is not visible from the street.

This was a fun trail especially the last part to the top. Definitely a moderate not an easy. The view is well worth it on top.

The view was amazing! The climb was a little tough with 2 dogs, but it was all worth it once we reached the top.

Absolutely incredible. Pictures can never do this place amy justice. The view waiting for you at the top is well worth the hike.

one of my favorite near by hikes... amazing view, work up a good little sweat... wear good shoes and watch your balance!

Great hike. Got a little lost but honestly, just follow the crowd and you'll be fine. Beautiful view!