Tuolumne Table Mountain

Tuolumne Table Mountain is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Jamestown, CA that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

rock climbing

Very dog friendly, cool caves, and great view from the top. You can make this hike longer by adventuring around the top of the table top mountain.

I liked this trail. I want to come back in the spring when everything isn't so dry. I will say even though its dog friendly, I'm not sure all dogs could handle the rocky terrain towards the end. I am 25 years old and I was pretty scared to climb the end haha. Like all other reviewers stated, its totally worth it though. Its beautiful at the top. It definitely is an intermediate trail, but very enjoyable. I went really early in the morning since its now summer and it gets very hot so starting at 7am is ideal in summer. It's great for those wanting a challenge than your regular run of the mill trail. It is a little challenging finding the right way to go once you reach the rocky portion, but it didn't take long to figure out the way.

It wasn't what I expected. But, then again I went on a very hot day in June. It was a lot of dry grass and thorns everywhere. The table mountain is a great view but wouldn't do it again.

Enjoyable walk through beautiful California tall grass and oak trees. That's Part 1, and Part 4 on the return since it's a loop. The 500' climb (Part 2) is rocky and steep but a modest effort rewards the hiker with a stunning 180 degree panorama of a long treeless ridge and the reservoir down below. Up top is a rocky plateau, stark and barren. The view is remarkable and a real highlight, even on the same weekend I walked off several stunners in Yosemite, about an hour away. Part 3's descent is a little tricky, so watch your step! This week a flood of purple wild flowers dotted the golden tall grass and provided a nice visual contrast of colors. I saw several native birds and 3 wild turkeys down below, and some buzzards up on the ridge. Very hard to locate the trailhead. Park at the end of the road and look for a gate and trail sign around on the right side.

This hike was fun, especially once you are getting closer to the top. Definitely a moderate hike. The views of the cliffs as you start your hike are pretty cool, and the view at the top is beautiful, especially now that the lake has a little more water. Parking can be tricky. There is no parking lot so you just have to find a spot near the entrance which is a residential area. To find the beginning of the trail head to the metal gate and look to your right. The trail begins right behind a tree/bush. The sign is not visible from the street.

This was a fun trail especially the last part to the top. Definitely a moderate not an easy. The view is well worth it on top.

The view was amazing! The climb was a little tough with 2 dogs, but it was all worth it once we reached the top.

Absolutely incredible. Pictures can never do this place amy justice. The view waiting for you at the top is well worth the hike.

one of my favorite near by hikes... amazing view, work up a good little sweat... wear good shoes and watch your balance!

Great hike. Got a little lost but honestly, just follow the crowd and you'll be fine. Beautiful view!

I imagine springtime is the best time for this hike. Everything is so green right now. The bathroom is perfectly placed. We chose to walk through the meadow that parallels the dirt road and found it very scenic and peaceful. The last bit of this trail before reaching the plateau is very steep and rocky, a challenge for this semi-fit 50 year old. I was very pleased to have persevered as the view from the top was a satisfying reward.

BEAUTIFUL hike. The address in the app is spot on. It has enough challenges to know you enjoyed a nice workout and enough areas that are easy walking. We took 5 kids ages 10 to 13 and they all loved it and did it with ease. It's rocky up at the top but just take your time and use the rocks and trees as your friend to help you along the way. Had lunch at the top and then enjoyed the trip back down. Yes, you're in the direct sun some, but there's lots of shade as well. We will definitely do this again!

loved it and the hills were so green

this was a great hike! We parked before the gate to make it a tad longer for ourselves. As others have said, the walk to the bathroom is easy and very flat. Then, the next miles is quite uphill, but still doable :) We were a group of 4 with ages of 17-52! We brought a yummy lunch to have at the top!

Nice hike. As another stated, it's not a loop though. We went when the temp was 68 or so and it was perfect. Can't imagine in summer - too hot. When you park you can choose to walk the road (on private property, but allowed) or make a sharp right just before the gated road and take the actual trail. It's clearly marked but yes, you do need to look right. I'm glad we took the hike path - it went through some very beautiful meadows. Very different than the uphill, rocky hike that lies ahead...so you get the best of both worlds. If you do choose the road thought it is a bit shorter. The hike is diffidently up hill A LOT and lots of rocks that make the actual path a bit difficult to follow (but not too tough) but it's not too hard at all and it's beautiful at the top. We had ages 45, 18 and 11 and we did just fine!

Awesome view at the Top.... Amazing and fun hike. Take plenty of water, gets hot! :)