Trillium Falls Trail

Trillium Falls Trail is a 2.7 mile loop trail located near Orick, CA that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible from April until October.

Very beautiful scenery, like from a fairytale. Sometimes even a little bit unreal. It is indeed a very easy walk, and the trail is very soft and smooth, but sometimes a little bit muddy.

What a great trial. Felt like this was where they filmed part of the star wars movie where the Ewoks lived. Amazing waterfall. Easy hike more like a stroll

It was one of the most beautiful places I have been.

Nic hike through amazing coastal redwoods. If you take the upper loop its .5-.7 miles to Trillium Falls

This was a fantastic trail for our family. Our kids (ages 13 down to 5) kept saying "look over here" or "did you see this yet" or "isn't this amazing?" We all loved it! Our 8 year old put it best - "We just started this hike and it's already unbearably awesome!"

Beautiful short trek through the woods. Enjoyed it and will do again.

We all enjoyed this trail, will go back (someday, we live on the east coast).

a MUST see trail! what a shock entering this trail compared to the parking area! it's like entering a fairy tale! we kept giggling waiting for a little troll to jump out! unbelievably green and peaceful and serene the entire path. park as suggested at the Elk parking area, it's just a hundred feet or so to the trailhead and as you head up the wee gravel trail and through the green shrubs... well, you'll just have to find out for yourself.

Great little exercise loop, beautiful surroundings, and a bathroom to boot!

This is the best trail I have been so far. We took our entire twenty some family members hiking there on Memorial Day. We had several children youngest 5 yrs old and he did just great. The Trillium water fall is a must see and enjoy. Could not locate any trillium flowers but overall this is a beautiful trail. We did the whole 2-3 miles trail around

Trillium falls was beautiful. I would highly recommend. Although i would say it is a primary easy hike, you could make it more moderate by doing another trail that's nearby. The roots and the massive redwoods are beautiful! I only saw one Trillium, must not have been the season! However, never pick them! They wont grow back. One downside to this trail, is that it is fairly popular, being next to Fern Canyon. Enjoy!

Absolutely amazing hike. Very easy to get done but the redwoods are unbelievable! The views and trees are just incredible!

Gorgeous redwoods! A real treat to be able to hike through the old growth. I love a loop, and bathrooms and tables before you head out is awesome! I read a few reviews that this trail was easy rather than moderate and I disagree. For a well traveled hiker it is easy, but don't bring your grandparents on this one. ;)

There are tons of trails but this one was a great choice before entering fern canyon. It was short sweet and beautiful. Just keep in mind the trail highlight is not the small waterfall but the amazing redwood trees

I agree with another reviewer about parking at Elk Meadows; I don't ever underestimate the value of a bathroom at the trailhead. I've done this hike a couple of times but have only done the 3-mile loop; there are choices to make it into an 8-mile loop by combining with another trail.

I would call this hike easy, as opposed to moderate, unless one is traveling with young children. Although there are ups and downs, they aren't bad as long as one isn't rushing (and we've never found occasion to rush in this old-growth forest). Because of the drought in California right now the falls themselves are rather small, but that didn't bother any of our party on my latest visit.

The possibility of catching sight of elk at some point simply sweetens the deal. This is a great choice for a short-ish hike through a beautifully cool, quiet, amazing forest.

Don't follow the map directions instead follow the directions to Elk Meadows viewpoint and they have a very nice parking area with picnic tables and bathrooms. There you can connect to multiple trails including this trail which is a very nice little hike to the falls. I went in Trillium season but only saw four trilliums. But you got to see both young and old-growth redwoods as well as beautiful ferns.