Training Hill

Training Hill is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cool, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Not for the weak. I went today and struggled. Only made it half way before I turned around and came back. There are some open spots with beautiful overlooks of nearby Auburn.

I will come back when I gain more experience.

Skip the stair stepper!! This is leg day!! I took my dad here the day before yesterday and My legs are sore.. I can't imagine how my dads legs are...

Definitely a little soggy and slippery. I wouldn't want to do the Training Hill portion going down! Beautiful hike and lives up to its name.

This is a difficult but satisfying hike. We hiked this the day after a hard rain had fallen and there were several really lovely waterfalls and a number of small streams that cross the trail. The first mile is a real heart stopper though!

Nice an steep, just as I like it. had a great hike. It was my first time in this area and will look forward to the other trails in the area.

Kick ass hike. Good workout and beautiful views. It's always cold in the morning, even in summer. Love it

That first mile+ is definitely major kick-ass but doable by this ol' gal. The rest of the trail is beautiful and primarily downhill.

This is a really good hike. I liked the steepness and I can see why this one is named "Training Hill". I would recommend doing this Loop as a trainer for something like Pyramid Peak. Saw lots of runners and plenty of horses. Will do some side and connector trails next time.

Very challenging hike for the 1st mile or so. I did the trail counter clockwise, great training for Half Dome. There are snakes, eyes out.

wow, this was a really good workout, worth it if you go all the way around. first 1.5 miles is uphill, lots of elevation gain but the rest is a steady decline..... make lefts at the forks and you should stay on the trail.