Trail Canyon Falls

Trail Canyon Falls is a 11.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Tujunga, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, camping, and backpacking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Sunland, CA: Drive 5 miles up Big Tujunga Canyon to a dirt road on the left. (At mile 2.0, according to the roadside mileage signs). Proceed 0.2-mile uphill to a fork, go right and descend 0.2-mile to a parking area.

The waterfall is beautiful! Pack a lot of water and snacks. Please NO LITTERING! The hike is amazing if you like a far walk and a challenge this is it! Farther up the canyon are rocky and narrow trails. Part shade and part sun. We are used to the hard, rough hikes but for beginners it will be rough getting down to the waterfall but it's well worth it.

We hiked this trail in January after the rain. The waterfall was absolutely gorgeous. There is a pretty good scramble to get down to the falls which is totally worth it. Overall, the trail is pretty easy. I did it with my infant strapped to my back in a baby carrier pack. There is not a lot of shade and it can be quite warm. Make sure to pack enough water and sunscreen. The other high point is the views of the canyon. The canyon walls are fairly steep, especially as you get towards the falls. Several of the views are quite spectacular.

The trail disappears a lot because the water has dried up completely and often looks like part of the trail-- just be warned. Not even close to my favorite LA hike.

This is a moderate canyon hike that feels a lot more secluded than it really is. The waterfall was completely dried up in August, though. I bet it looks great when there's some water running through it. However, the views of the canyon and surrounding mountains made this hike worthwhile despite the lack of water. This trail barely any shade, so if you're going on a hot day, make sure to bring a hat and lot of water.

easy hike with beautiful views

This is a nice trail. I definitely recommend you wear pants here.if you go on a sunny day take a hat, sunblock and plenty of water..along the way there are pretty neat resting stops along side of the trail under shade.

This is tale of two Hikes, to the Falls and then beyond the falls.
I went as far as i cold until the Trail is gone. and that is 4.5 miles from the trail head. the 1st mile after the falls is definitely worth it and is still on the easy side and easy to follow, then it gets tough, got to focus on staying on the "trail" lots of cairns and other markers to assist you but still tough. and at times you are beating back bushes crawling under and over logs, You can tell before the Fire, it was one spectacular place, it still is pretty special, but a lot of work, be prepared and be experienced the last mile or so.
YOU MUST wear long pants if going beyond the falls.
To the Falls is fairly easy, IF ITS not Hot, There was a good bit of water for me today, but the trail to the bottom of the Falls is Tough you will need BOTH hands up and down this short section of Trail/rock-climbing.

Not many people for being a GREAT trail from start to finish.
I will return, which is not something i say for MOST trails in the L.A. Area

Mostly uphill in the beginning which wraps around the side of the ridge. Pretty narrow walk, so hope you're not afraid of heights. The walk down to the waterfall is pretty steep so watch your step and take your time. It was pretty dry at the bottom but the upside was that we were able to get under the waterfall to cool down. There's more trail to cover if you continue passed the fall, but we ended up calling it quits about a mile of not coming to anything substantial. I'd like to come back and finish it off. Great hike! Probably be better in the early morning or early evening.

was a fun hike up to the fall, but there was no water so kinda bummed us out. other then the water problem it was a beautiful day to hike and enjoy the scenery .

We were here to chase a waterfall during the drought. How very unfortunate that it was completely dry. Being new to hiking, I would not consider this as an easy hike, mainly due to the trail being very narrow. It is frightening for individuals like me who are scared of heights, and yet pursue hiking.
Without my group, I would have headed back.
There is absolutely no phone service in the area, so you cannot make any calls during an emergency. This is not recommended for solo beginner hikers like me. Try this with a group, and when there's a waterfall.

My fiance and I hiked this trail about 2 months ago. We didnt know when exactly we were going to reach the falls. Eventually , after hiking up for a bit and going around a mountain ridge, we saw the small but pretty falls.

First of all, not Easy as All Trails described. Very beautiful landscapes, trail crosses dry creek bed several times. we went about halfway then back due to sunset coming. We did see where the water fall was, although dried up in early August when we went. Best time for this trail is
morning...there are a few spots with full sun. Sunscreen and water is a must. Stunning views, lots of color, late afternoon great for pictures.

There's a large bee hive in the hollowed out tree that is right next to the path. I definitely got stung by a bee (on my head no less). I could have done without the bee sting.

It would've been nicer if there was shade during the hike to the falls but there were none the entire hour hike to get to a dried up waterfall. There were very tiny running water creeks here and there. On the way back we saw 2 rattlesnakes within ten feet of each other.

Awesome trail the only thing is it's not a easy trail as described in the app. Still very georgious. Go in the morning when it's not hot. The inclined part of the trail is full sun exposure. All in all I will definitely be back.