Trabuco Canyon Trail

Trabuco Canyon Trail is a 10.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Trabuco Canyon, CA and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Couldn't go all the way since it was closed due to recently fire.

The biggest problem with this hike was the constant dirt, dust, and debris we had to breath in due to sharing the dirt path with vehicles. Also, we went during the first weekend of July and were caught by a storm of mosquitos and gnats from the dried up river. Although we couldn't find restrooms, I rated this hike four stars because parking was free and there was a flying school you could watch as you hike down the road. Furthermore, the scenery was very picturesque and beautiful.

Beautiful trail, hiked it to Trabuco Peak. Definitely not an "easy" trail as marked in this app.

This is a nice local hike. When hiking, you share a dirt/unpaved road with mountain bikers and cars. It's beautiful since there's a stream that leads to a waterfall towards the end of the trail to make it worthwhile. The hike has minimal shading so make sure you bring a good hat to block the sun from your face.

The only downside of this trail is that you share the road with cars... There were a lot of pre-runners and vehicles that kicked up a lot of dust. In my case, I had a truck passed me at high speeds next to me, kicking up rocks and dust towards me--not pleasant in my opinion.

All in all, I will definitely do this again soon... From my experience, I just recommend bringing a handkerchief or mask to cover your face from dust/douchebags.

It was moderate. My dogs were all over the smells a few bikes today it definitely wanted to poor rain but thank hid it didn't. The drive up n back takes for ever and why oh God why are Saturday drivers on the 5&405 so sloowwww

Great, many Access very long and hard to get lost even at night

geocaching

A very moderate trail. A good workout for your legs and cardio. I recommend it.

Great trail good workout going up west horsethief then make the loop around trabuco loop..close to being 11.5mi.

I love this place!

This hike was awesome. It took a long time and is not easy. If you are out of shape but are mentally tough you can do it. Once you get to the top and can see lake Elsinore it will make it all worth the pain. Bring lots of water and make sure to leave early before it gets really hot. The decent will kick your butt with the steep switchbacks so be ready. Last but not least, the mountain bikers on the trail that we experienced were not concerned with the hikers at all so beware. If you can hack it, you won't regret it!

This was a beautiful hike. Did the West Horsethief Trail, lots of trees, wooded areas, creeks and cabins along the way to enjoy. The five mile road to the parking lot is a little rough if you don't have a truck or 4-wheel drive. The parking pass was $5 and can be purchased at the general store which is off of Trabuco Oaks. Had the pleasure of meeting Mike Millekan who is one of the firefighters for The Holy Jim Fire Dept which is along the trail. I'm looking forward to going back to do the Trabuco Canyon trail. Make sure to bring bug repellant, there were lots of gnats mosquitos.

I love this hike. Me and my buddy just did it again yesterday! We didn't do 11 miles we went to the fork at 1.75 miles and turned back. It's awesome to see the trees change into pines and the trail offers great views of the canyon!

We hiked with his Goldie and my 7 month old on my back! It's up hill with about 700 feet of elevation gation gain in 1.5 miles. So it's a bit tough. If it's wet season there are a few water crossings that might be tough.

The old car is something I've started to investigate. How'd it get here? When did it show up? Graffiti says 1968?

When there's been a good wet season there are a few good pools to play in that the dogs love too! We are going to go back and explore some of the cool side trails. There are some very steep side shoots that get you down to the canyon floor that we would love to see. We'd also love to have someone et s in the mine!