Tilden Wildcat Gorge

Tilden Wildcat Gorge is a 4 mile loop trail located near Berkeley, CA that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Pine laden, hilly trails along a stream in a wooded canyon. A couple excellent views of the Bay. Take Selby trail to Wildcat Gorge trail. Run along a stream (water flows even in the summer, which is unusual in the Bay Area) on pine needle and Eucalyptus leave laden trails. Take Mineral Springs trail, then left on Seaview trail. Left on Curran, left on Wildcat, right on Lake Anza and Left on Selby trail to return to your starting point. Park maps are available at most trail heads. Dogs allowed on leash in developed areas/under voice command in undeveloped areas of the park; no dogs permitted in Tilden Nature Area

Did this 11/13/16 and it was beautiful. Mostly shaded. Quick short but nice! Started near the golf course..

Beautiful trail up to the lake. A few nice flat stretches for running. Went a day or two after a big rain so some very muddy patches. Recommended for an easy quick run!

Really challenged me. I injured my knee recently and was not sure if I could hike the whole trail, however I was surprised that I did. Good workout and my dogs slept all the way home

After the lake not much to look at. Also half of it is not shaded, so plan for that on very hot days. I would recommend a different hike in this park.

The trails were wonderful, but the description was terrible! First, because the Mineral Springs trail (which we later found out is a loop, which is not connected to any trails on the official park trail map) nor the spur trail that connects Wildcat Gorge Trail to it is NOT marked in any way in person or on the official park map, we missed it. If something is poorly marked, better directions are required to find it! We took the Curran trail which we found looking for the Mineral Springs trail, thinking that we would just reverse the loop. We got to the Seaview trail fine, but then, thankfully, I looked at the paper trail map again, only to realize that the Seaview Trail and the Mineral Springs trail do not actually intersect at any point. We ended up taking the Big Springs trail to the Quarry trail to Wildcat Canyon ROAD to the Mineral Springs loop to the spur trail to the Wildcat Gorge Trail to Selby trail to get back to our car.

beautiful trails and very well kept. its a nice Hidden Gem.

Nice chill trial, decent little climbs and cool running water.

Nice wee loop with a steady climb

Hike was gorgeous and ideal for trail running. Easy 1h20 min hike on a stroll mode.

Cool beans

It was crowded near the lake, but once you hike off the lake then it becomes more peaceful. l enjoyed the hike.

Some parts of the trail was close while some are pretty muddy.

Secluded with lots of variation.

Crowded with screaming crying kids...lots if dogs....you are basically walking around a swim area! Noisy! If you want to have a serene quiet hike....this is a nightmare

another one of tilden parks wonderful trails! I loved how lush the foliage is at this time of year! trails are perfect for moderate hiking. perfect for my 3 yr old, she loved seeing the views of Lake Anza from the trail hike! we hiked down to the lake edge to watch the ducks swimming!

We had a difficult time finding a trailhead that didn't end abruptly onto a cement road, at first, however, when we found a solid trail it was worth the confusion. Some trails ended in residential neighborhoods...weird. All in all, easy hiking, some great vantage points and a cute little lake. :-)