Thousand Steps Beach

Thousand Steps Beach is a 1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Laguna Beach, CA. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking and walking.

beach

Loved it . Beautiful scenery

Great on legs and heart! There are 219 stairs! So to get the full 1000 steps u need to go up And down 5 times. I just did it yesterday! I think ill need to swim today to float my legs!

1000 steps is a GREAT workout for your quads. But I wouldn't call it a hike; locals use this as a place to get a leg workout.
And it's NOT actually 1000 steps, I think there are 232 steep steps.
If you make it up and down a half a dozen times you'll definitely feel it! I brought a friend who did it 3x, she called me 2 days later saying she could not move her legs!

The beach at the bottom is great for skim boarding and relaxing. Other coves/beaches in Laguna are better for swimming.

Stairs!!!! This is literally one thousand stairs that you really don't feel on your way down but boy can you feel it on your way up. If you're not used to walking so many stairs up, this is going to kick your butt lol. The beach is beautiful but crowded and the parking is really a challenge there also. You have to find parking somewhere on PCH and it's not close to the stairs so once you find parking, you have to walk over to the stairs which it's not easy cause there's no sidewalks and there's cars you have to walk by on the traffic side of the street. This is a beach I wouldn't go to again just because of the struggle getting there. Something new to try.... Great but that's about it.

I went dow to 1000 steps for the first time to run some stairs. I'm not sure there are a thousand of them, but I can say you can't see the other end from either the top or bottom. The morning I went it had rained fairly hard a couple hours before. I was expecting to be alone, but there were two others their with the same mindset. After the rain, a couple of the landings had standing water.

For a quick check on reference points, 1000 steps beach is obviously on the beach, the stairs are are located on PCH and 9th Street. There is a separate trail heading North at the top of 9th Street where there is an overlook.