The Cross Trail

The Cross Trail is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Palm Desert, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

One of the trails in Palm Desert. Open to all skill level. This trail Starts at the Homestead Link and connects to Hopalong Cassidy Trail where you'll pass the Cross hiking towards south.

Great trail to get some fresh air and take in the view. It's a nice trail to do alone or with a group. I went on a Saturday morning in the middle of tourist season and there was a decent amount of people, but no way bothersome. If you want to start hiking, this is a great beginners trail. There are a couple switch backs and several steep inclines, but also a lot of places where the trail levels out.

It's a very nice moderately-easy path for everyday, casual hiking. My only complaint is that people do not adhere to the rule that you must keep your dog on a leash. It is common courtesy. Also, even if your dog is comfortable off-leash, that does not necessarily mean other dogs are. Dogs that are on-leash feel very uncomfortable (and trapped) when loose dogs come running up being rambunctious. It's also annoying for non-dog people as the off-leash dogs cut you off and run around narrow paths.

People: Please, please keep your dog on a leash!

such a fun trail easy but on a Sunday afternoon it was pretty crowded amd lot's of dogs. The bump and grind trail is a no dog trail and a bit more of a challenge. This is nice if you don't want a tougher workout.

Great view of Palm Desert! It's fun staying until dark for the cross to light up!

very nice. takes less time than Bump and Grind. Dogs are allowed on a leash.

it was a beautiful, nice trail, not too hard.

nice everyday hike takes about an hour.

This hike is the best at night, grab a flashlight and head up. It's a nice hike, still gets you a good sweat. :)

I loved this trail. Just right for my fitness level. I am 57 and in pretty good shape. There were people running on the trail but I'm pretty sure they were younger than me. It was mostly uphill on the way up (about 1 mile where I started). A good workout. I would definitely do this trail again.

Beautiful views but a little disappointed I expected it to be 3 miles like it says here but I clocked 2.36 with my Fitbit and I feel it's more easy than it is moderate. It's perfect if you want a quick, easy hike with great views but not if your looking to sweat and be a bit more challenged.