The Cross Trail

The Cross Trail is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Palm Desert, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

One of the trails in Palm Desert. Open to all skill level. This trail Starts at the Homestead Link and connects to Hopalong Cassidy Trail where you'll pass the Cross hiking towards south.

nice everyday hike takes about an hour.

This hike is the best at night, grab a flashlight and head up. It's a nice hike, still gets you a good sweat. :)

I loved this trail. Just right for my fitness level. I am 57 and in pretty good shape. There were people running on the trail but I'm pretty sure they were younger than me. It was mostly uphill on the way up (about 1 mile where I started). A good workout. I would definitely do this trail again.

Beautiful views but a little disappointed I expected it to be 3 miles like it says here but I clocked 2.36 with my Fitbit and I feel it's more easy than it is moderate. It's perfect if you want a quick, easy hike with great views but not if your looking to sweat and be a bit more challenged.

Nice hike up to the cross with excellent views of the valley. Get there early as there is a lot of foot traffic and dogs that are not leashed.

short and sweet lots of foot traffic.
3 miles tops
not 3.9

Always a good hike, not over an hour and a decent workout to start your morning!

We had a great time, met many people on the way up and down.

Awesome hike. You defiantly worth it. The cross at the top is awesome as well as the "ying and yang"

Very short hike but cool to see the cross. Had to take lots of other trails to make a good hike out of it. Actually got on this trail by accident so it was my own fault for taking an easy trail.

Great hike from Cahuilla Hills Park - 45825 Edgehill Drive, Palm Desert. There's plenty of parking, a restroom, and an information kiosk that includes a map of the Trail System, Ect. Bring plenty of water and a good pair of hiking shoes. The trail is in good condition but can get steep and rocky in a few spots. Take your time and enjoy. ...

Great hike with nice views.

Takes about 15-20 minutes to get up to the Cross. Fun hike to do day or night. Some friends of mine and I brought our guitars up on the last full moon and hung out for a while. There's a bunch of guestbooks to sign and a cool yin/yang symbol on the way back down.

Started near some tennis courts. Man that was a tough climb up to the cross. Nice views. More habing on the toughest parts. The ride down was awesome. On the brakes the entire time. Or at least it felt like it. I only saw 4 other guys on bikes. Not overly crowded when I went but it does seem like a busy trail.