Teutonia Peak Trail

Teutonia Peak Trail is a 3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Baker, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Baker: Drive northward on Inter state 15 26.2 miles to the exit for Cima Road. Turn right (east) and drive 11.5 miles to the trailhead, which lies on the right side of the road.

Being from the northeast, i really enjoyed the difference of hiking a desert trail. Started my hike around 10 am; after about 15 minutes on the trail, I ran into 2 hikers on their return. After that, I had the trail to myself the rest of the day. Joshua trees of course were a real treat to see. Also saw a blacktail jackrabbit and a whole bunch of small Desert night lizards. View from the top was worth the sweat!

Nice trail, not to far off the interstate. Was a good stop for a quick stroll, and still see something of that area. Didn't see anyone else either, though we did it in the afternoon at about 98 degrees.

Trail progresses up a mild incline for most of the way through the largest and densest Joshua Tree forest in the world. The last half mile or so of the 3-mile trail became somewhat steeper, leading up to a rocky incline and spectacular overlooks. The diversity of desert plant life was amazing as was the size of the ears on the jackrabbit we scared out of his hiding place. Only three other hikers on the trail and weather was perfect in this late-April time of year.

Hiked this trail last week of September 2014. One other hiker coming up as I was going down. Beautiful and peaceful. Temperature was about 78F, sunny to partly cloudy. Expansive view to the northwest.

You hike through the most impressive Joshua Tree forest in the world. The peak has a good view of Cima Dome. Climb the high boulder towers if you can, but they are tricky.

This place is fantastic and, from what I have seen, empty of people. I recommend getting a hiking book if you plan to explore this place for a couple days. There are not many marked trails in the preserve so you have to hike cross country which can be very tricky. I got off track by miles a couple of times. I do recommend the Mid Hills trail, which is well marked. Mid Hills is also an awesome place to camp.

My boyfriend and I camped out here for a night in December 2011. It was freezing cold at night, but it was very secluded. They had free campsites that you can drive to and pre-made fire pits in the camping spots. It was a nice little get-a-way for the night. We were going to hike to the mines (which was a couple miles near our camping site), but we decided to head home. They do have this old area where they used to herd cattle (I'm assuming). It was pretty cool! I definitely wouldn't mind going back there!

nice moderate hike with a great pay off at the summit. views of the valley below and on the other side cima dome. there were a handful of other hikers but had the trail mostly to myself.