Tennessee Valley Trail

Tennessee Valley Trail is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sausalito, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

beach

Park at the Tennessee Valley Staging Area

Lovely short hike with a beautiful end view.

This is a basic, flat trail to Tennessee Beach and back. The first half or so is paved. Lots of parking. This could be a quick run, walk, or mt bike ride. I read the sign on the way out that says no dogs...oops. I get it, as many people don't pick up after their pets. I gave this a 3rd star because the small, private beach is cool.

There are two different types of Tennessee Valley Trails. One of them is the upper and the other is the lower. Depending on how much elevation you want to deal with, I recommend the upper trail of you want a trail with gradual incline. If you want something more flat, I suggest taking the lower trail. Nevertheless, you're rewarded with stunning views! Pack a swimsuit, bring your kids and pooch and it should be a BLAST for everyone!

Beautiful easy trail with a great view at the end.

Great trail. Steady ascent challenged my friend and I while we jogged and hiked to the top. Fog just made it dreamier. Easy parking on the road when we hit it up about 6:30 PM on a weekday.
Cute wooden footbridges and blackberry bushes added interest to the trail.

Trailhead to Muir Beach via Fox (steep) to Coyote to Green Gulch ( beautiful and high, the path winds down to Zen garden (part of Marin Organic) and on to Muir. Coastal Trail back (10mi)

A little uneventful

Get there early for parking. Nice beginner hike while offers other options for climbing.

Perfect with kids. Paved most of the way.

If you stay on the easy path, it's not much of a hike (which is totally ok!) but more of a nice, scenic stroll. The scenery is actually quite beautiful, and I went with a friend when it was a little foggy out. The huge rocks and cliffs were amazing to look at. Spills out right to the beach, then you just go back onto the trail.

10 out of 10 would hike again.

Had a great time out on this hike!1st time we ever went, found gem on this app!! thank you! it was a Easy path to take the kids! today we were lucky was able to see a seal, dolphins and beautiful views!!

Just completed this trail yesterday and I would say 'all that I could have asked for myself' on that beautiful day! Had a feeling of content. (You know, the kind of which doesn't come easy.)
It was supposed to be rainy day and it did pour! But even in that weather, the trail had a good number of hikers, trail-runners, bikers; which was a big surprise!
The trail is quite flat and easy as everyone have mentioned, which quickly leads to the Gorgeous views of the ocean and stone-formations. The beach itself seems to be a work-of-art, a painters imagination! Lost track of time just standing there and watching the waves and listening to the ocean.
There is also a little extra hike to a spot which is overlooking the Tennessee Beach from a height. If you and your group have the time, I would recommend this part as well. But be careful at the very top. Though the view is breathtaking but there is Not a lot of room up their. So you have to be cautious of the edges while taking those pictures/videos.
Also took a detour and went to visit the "Pirates' Cove". The name is completely justified! It's a little hidden from the trail and the path leading to it is a bit steep & tricky. I did slip and fell on my way down because of all the rain & mud. Check that out on YouTube- http://youtu.be/Vls2Rnot8js . But the cove was worth the effort & pain! Instantly gave the feeling of being secluded, untamed, uninhibited, wildly beautiful.

Super easy and pretty walk down to a beach. I like to get a large coffee and just stroll down and back. Wide paths, so the crowds aren't bad. You can easily walk around slower traffic.

Beautiful scenery... Easy or moderate depending on trail you take.