Tennessee Valley Golden Gate Loop Trail

Tennessee Valley Golden Gate Loop Trail is a 5.6 mile loop trail located near Mill Valley, CA that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options.

beach

Take the Tennessee Valley trail all the way to Muir Beach. After a stroll through the headland valleys, nothing is better than dipping your toes into the cool Pacific Caution, some dogs are not allowed on certain trails

Great hike

Perfect length and a good workout with the many inclines. Amazing ocean views, but otherwise scenery is pretty barren. We did coastal trail to Tennessee valley to fox tail

Grab a partner in crime and conquer the entire loop with the greatest scenery. Good workout. Great views. We hiked it on a Sunday afternoon, so it wasn't too busy. 'Twas perfect

This is a great hike. However, I would give it a rating that is more than a moderate. There are several very steep and long hills that are a challenge even if you are in fantastic shape. The climb out of Pirate's Cove is a killer as is the initial climb at the beginning of the hike up the Fox trail. Worth the effort!

Good hike. You get really high up in elevation with some very nice views. The trail shown does not take you down to the beach which I highly recommend. It's a bit tricky to get down to it but it's worth it. I took a dip in the cold water.

Challenging enough to get my heart rate up for fun exercise. I parked in the lot at the Tennessee Valley Trailhead. I took the Fox Trail early off of the Tennessee Valley Trail. Great views on the way up to Green Gulch Trail. That took me down to the Zen Center where I walked through a couple of gates to get me on the short path to Muir Beach. The beach and sky were beautiful. I returned via the Coastal Fire Road to the Coastal Trail which brought me back to Tennessee Valley.

Great hike. The only thing is you can't bring your dogs with you on certain trails. It meets with Muir Woods trail. Beautiful view. Plenty of small spots to take great pictures by the ocean. There is a small beach that meets the end of the trail. Numerous other trails near by.

Spectacular