Tenaja Trail

Tenaja Trail is a 4.8 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Lake Elsinore, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

4.8 miles 849 feet Point to Point

Directions from Temecula, CA: Travel Interstate 15 to the Clinton Keith Road exit and go west, then south on Tenaja Road for a total of 9.9 miles. Turn right on Cleveland Forest Rd (FS 7S01). Continue 0.8 miles to Tenaja Trailhead.

Such a beautiful trail! Was trying to get to the falls trailhead but accidentally parked at this one and took it all the way to fishermans camp and back. You can make it to the falls from this trail but it is another 4 miles past fishermans camp and I didn't have the sunlight to go that far. It's about 3.5 miles one way to the camp with about 1750 elevation gain total. The river you follow was pretty full right now (Jan 2017) and there were lots of small waterfalls to see along the way. There was plenty of shade but if it's a hot day definitely go in the afternoon when the sun isn't so high and you will get shade almost the entire way. I almost lost the trail at one point because the water was so high and washed out part of the connecting trail across the river. Just look around a bit and you will find it! So worth it even if you don't get to see the falls. It took me about 3 hrs and went just over 7 miles (I stopped a lot to take pics and enjoy the view)

I really enjoyed the hike, beautiful scenery and waterfall, plan to hike it again.

Good time! Beautiful and peaceful.

Hiked 6.5 Miles in/out, good enough to go back and finish exploring.

Nice.

one of my family's favorite hikes!

Fun trail with decent views. Hiked in about 2.5 then turned about and trekked back to the parking lot. Lots, I say again, LOTS of poison ivy and maybe poison sumac (I'm originally from Texas and never had to identify poison sumac) along the trail. Family had fun. Probably end up doing this one again.

TICKS!!!! my two dogs had several ticks on them after the hike, even with a strong repellent used. So please check your pets and yourselves! still a nice hike

just did the hike yesterday, great canopies throughout the trail. lots of flowers, butterflies, but no falls. just some stagnant water. a nice moderate hike I would like to do again

Amazing hike, one of my favorites in SoCal to date.

Fun

Beatiful hike very easy hike with clear paths. One of my favorite local trails.