Telegraph Canyon North Ridge Loop Trail

Telegraph Canyon North Ridge Loop Trail is a 12.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Brea, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until November.

This is a 9 mile loop that starts at Chino Hills State Park along Carbon Canyon Rd. Ascend to Gilman Peak, then down to Telegraph Canyon Trail. Trails are well maintained. This trail is rated moderate

could not find trail head. no areas for parking. Waste of time.

Empty. Hot. North Ridge Trail is closed, so did an out-and-back via Telegraph Canyon trail to Four Corners. It's all hard-packed or loose sand. Rough on you feet. I rarely get blisters, but have at least three across both feet. Breezes in the canyon are few, and mostly hot. Up at Four Corners, there's a nice picnic shelter with portable toilet. Breezes ate cooler and were constant today (July). Temps were low- to mid-90s. Since the trail is a wide truck/dozer trail, it's even hotter. Heat reflects off the trail, and trees are sparse. Look for the windmill in a tree. There's a water trough for horses hidden in the brush. Scared the .... outta me when it started spinning and rotating...like a rusty metal monster coming to life.

Great trail for training if you need heat acclimation without too much elevation change. Not a fun family romp. It's work.

Definitely stop in at the Discovery Center before the trailhead. Air-conditioned, educational exhibits, and very friendly folks. They have maps of the trails, and estimated mileages for out-and-back to several points.

Bathrooms are plumbed. Cold water in the sink. Flushing toilets. I felt spoiled compared to other trails.

Will definitely do this trail and others again. Great way to add mileage without fighting crowds and parking.

Good and fun. I enjoy this hike every time I go to top of the world.

Dogs are not allowed in chino state park

Nice,good for bake and Run

Great en easy to the beginner.

Good trail that overlooks Chino Hills/Ontario area toward Mt. Baldy to the north and on the south overlooks Anaheim Hills and Yorba Linda/91 freeway.

Great trail for runners, uphill grade is slow and not too challenging. Ran a 10 mile out and back. Definitely enjoyed the views once we hit the top. Best to run in the early morning to beat the heat.

Pleasant hike if you hit the trail first thing in the morning. My boys and I have hiked this trail several times and on our most recent hike we were the first ones on the trail. Observed tracks from several animals, including mule deer, coyotes, snakes, lizards, birds, and rabbits. We also had a coyote trot right past us. It's a fairly easy trail though I wouldn't recommend it on a warm day. Also it's important to keep an eye out for rattlesnakes and cyclists. Overall it's a great hike with some beautiful vegetation and interesting wildlife.

Really nice and maintained trail. Lots of bikers and hikers. Overall not a hike I'd recommend for the summer months. Los of vegetation and animals. I saw a coyote while I was here. There are numerous signs warning about mountain lions so take into account if you will visit here.

Great mellow trail for bikers or hikers. great ride in the cooler months, lots of animals and streams. family fun, but be safe and watch out for wild animals :-)

Fun trail for a beginners.