Sylvan Meadows

Sylvan Meadows is a 4.5 mile loop trail located near Murrieta, CA and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is accessible from November until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This was a simple flat hike. There was not much of a challenge. I took my 6 year old son and he was able to keep up. We liked going on the little outlet trails along the way. We basically went on a nature walk and appreciated being outdoors together.

This area is a different type of landscape than the park across the street. It is low impact and easy. Not much challenge but I can get my heart rate up if I move through quickly. These trails are dog friendly and horse back friendly. Watch out for poops. Wide open spaces make for great emotion inducing feelings of freedom and and space. Leave the crowded, closed in city behind and hike these trails and you'll feel great. Be aware of mountain bikers ringing their bells to alert you. Be courteous and step aside so they can pass. Again, a $3.00 day use fee on the honor system. Parking is good.
Enjoy a local favorite.

It was perfect for a Sunday afternoon walk in the meadow.

Super easy trail. you could take kids on this trail. Lots of dog and horse droppings, I mean A LOT!

Easy long walk. We did not take all the short loops so it was about 3 miles long. We took our dog on a leash and he was loving smelling at the grass and plants. Not really a hike as its more of a flat land but it was a nice long walk. It was 72 degrees out so not bad but would not do this hike in summer as there is not much shade in most areas. Would recommend for those with children and dogs. The trees in this area are pretty cool.

Trail wasn't bad but costs to hike

It a good everyday trail if you live close by. I do so nothing exceptional for me. Very flat but a nice walk. Take a friend - have a chat. Enjoy the day

This is a great trail for a run or bike ride. Flat and easy. No elevation gain, so I wouldn't call it a hike. Easy for children and pets.