Sycamore Canyon Park Trail

Sycamore Canyon Park Trail is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near March Air Reserve Base, CA that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a easy to tough hike. You can choose many trails to make it easy or hard. Some trails dead end. If your not on a time schedule, enjoy the journey. If so stay on the main trail which is pretty wide. I hiked this trail and did the loop of 4.3 miles. Saw a totally of 3 other individuals the hold hike. It was a great day!

Good trails nice view of the sunset

fun and levels of difficulty for everyone

very challenging at beginning.

Nice casual trail walk to get me back on track.

This one of my favorite "quick hikes"- There are small waterfalls along the way along with great views of downtown Riverside, Mt Rubidoux, Canyon Crest Golf course, etc. There is a nature center at the main entrance along with a variety of paths to choose from. Its located very close to the Canyon Crest Towne Center. Watch out for Rattlesnakes , other than that it's a very safe place to hike for any skill level.

Not much of a hike but it is a nice walk. Just watch out for rattlesnakes.

very nice trails great views saw a coyote along the way

A kid in a security truck spied on us the whole way and then yelled at us, said she would call the cops on us. Don't think she really knew what her job was. I told her to go ahead and call and then she continued to spy but didn't approach is again.

My teen-aged daughter and I did this hike this morning and quite enjoyed ourselves. We encountered five solo mountain bikers and one hiker. The terrain was dry but has patches of green due to recent rains. I imagine this will be a beautiful place in a month with a couple of more rains. We did not see any wildlife except some birds, a pair of cranes being some of them. It was quite a peaceful hike, which was the perfect place for mother-daughter time.

While the physical landscape of the park is dry and very brown, the trails meet all the practicalities for trail running. The paths are wide enough to maneuver around mountain bikers and walkers. Also, there are great aerial views of the city and nearby mountains.

I accessed the trails at an entrance behind Sycamore Highlands Park. There is street parking and water fountains there.

This place has all sorts of trails to MTB that can entertain you for hours. Lots of single track and is moderately easy to ride. There isn't very high elevation you gain or very technical, but it is a lot of fun to ride with a variation of up an downhills. The last two times I was here it was somewhat lonely. One time was a Friday afternoon the other a sunday afternoon. You see people but scattered around but its not too crowded. Worth checking out.

I just hiked here for the first time this week and loved it. Then went back 2 more times. Haven't hiked all the trails yet, but I did hike the trails leading up to the highest peak.

This was an Easy to Moderate hike for me, and lots of trails to choose from. Will have to come back and do some mountain biking. And get further into the Southern sections.

I entered through the North Trailhead at Central Ave.

It gets pretty hot here so definitely bring bottles of water or hydration pack.

I have run Sycamore Canyon numerous times with T.R.E.D. Running Group. We start at the trailhead off Central Avenue. The trail goes out and immediately splits into dozens of single-tracks that weave, twist and turn with quick sharp inclines and drops. We usually do an 8 mile loop of the perimeter, at times crossing a small lush creek that cuts through rugged brown hills. The trails can get very technical with jagged rocks and brush sometimes choking the trails but they level out after a mile or two. A fun trail for a tempo run or steady mileage. Minutes from downtown Riverside, this natural corridor is one to take advantage of.

There is a lot more to this park than the advertised 4 mile loop. You can easily find 11 mile loops. Good hills, great single track and some fast downhills.

I love to do this hike when I visit home for the holidays. Its well marked and easy for the whole family plus the dogs. At higher elevations there are great views of Mt. Rubidoux, downtown Riverside and the San Bernardino Mountains. However, beware hiking on a smoggy day.