Sycamore Canyon Trail

Sycamore Canyon Trail is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Whittier, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Amazing rows of cacti leading you to amazing trees. Absolutely beautiful and easy to moderate as you choose.

nice walk

Good beginner trail for the kiddos

great trail. go to the right at the end for an amazing uphill finish. first half is easy, good warm up.

Easy trail with a few mild hills. Not too strenuous. Good for beginners and kids. Beware of coyote scat all over the trail, though. If you are quiet and careful enough you may even see a few deer like I did today!

My kids and I had a great time. We got to see squirrels, birds, lizards, beetles and one snake and we heard frogs down by the water. Very easy. My kids are 5, 8, 10 and we went to end and back in about 1 hr 45 min.

Nice trail. Deer rabbits and birds. Watch for irresponsible pet owners on this No Dogs trail.

Great hike to get back into the game after not having been for a long time! I Definitely recommend this trail

No dogs allowed!!!!

Great "starter hike" for testing gear and young kids. Whittier Audubon hosts bird walks here on a regular basis as well. Note: no bikes or dogs allowed on this trail.

Nice but very short trail.

The hike was good, but unfortunately our over all experience was ruined when we got back to the parking area. My car was broken into in the parking lot during our hike at Sycamore Trail. Beware when you hike in this area!

Great trails limited parking lots of deer in the morning.

Hot weekend. Saw a big rattler on our way out. Water present in the stream. Great views at the top!!

It was a very nice hike! A lot do! I will go back :)

Nice hike, pretty easy until the last quarter mile at which point you hit a dozen or so switchbacks up the mountain. Trail ends at Rattlesnake Trail at the top of the mountain. Great views from up there!