Swift Creek

Swift Creek is a 18.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Trinity Center, CA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from June until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

This was my first time backpacking and my husband thought a challenge would be ok. The first mine felt super easy, we reached a bridge and the view was breathtaking! A little down from the bridge was a great spot for camping. unfortunately the previous people didn't put out their fire, so we got some water from the river and put it out. There was a load of switchbacks going up a huge granite rock that was pretty exhausting and you see this huge opening! Don't be fooled like me, it was mumford meadows, not the lake. You have another mile to go up more switchbacks up another granite slab. A bit more woods and then you see the huge granite cliffs! There's a few spots to camp, cross a stream(great for filtering your water because you're probably low or out) and you find a few more spots near the water. We choose the furthest for privacy and knew it'd help keep our two dogs calmer. It had a slight decline, a perfect fire pit with bench made of slab of wood across two boulders. Climb up from the spot and there was still plenty of great wood and twigs for a night fire and morning fire. Waking up to that sunrise was amazing, i saw it creep down the face of the mountain. The hike back was nice. I recommend wearing pants, parts of the trail were brushy and I was glad to not have my legs scratched up. Overall I can't wait to repeat this trail! I have a much firmer grasp on how to pack, and what to expect!

Beautiful hike with spectacular views a number of options to create a nice loop or connect to other trailers. Morris meadow is a beautiful walk to the higher elevations with the anticipation of high alpine beauty this will inspire you with amazing lupus fields scattered with a variety of incredible wild flowers. It's a moderate hike go enjoy the beauty!!!!

Great trail with a lot of options--Horseshoe lake is where this trail ends, but you can access Granite Lake Trail, Bear Basin Trail or 4-Lakes Loop easily (among others).

Easy hike as far as Mumford Meadows, then trail steepens. We camped at ward lake & had beautiful sunrise & sunsets. Day-hiked down a SteepWard Lake trail continuation the next day, & to awesome Horseshoe Lake, cold for swimming, but refreshing! and surrounded by granite.