Sweetwater River Loop Trail

Sweetwater River Loop Trail is a 7.8 mile loop trail located near Descanso, CA and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from October until June. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

I used Francisco Leal trail. It was easy to follow and it also took me to Green Valley Falls even though there was no water but it was nice to see. I did a total of 10.4 miles. Be prepared to bring snacks and water because it took me 3:40. Enjoy!

Great trail with a variety of terrain.

Nice easy trail. Well maintained and easy to follow. Some steep inclines and declines so not really stroller acceptable. Limited shade in some portions so go early and bring water.

Beautiful, easy.

Beginning of trail near bridge needs a little clearing it's getting quite over grown and I have seen rattlesnakes there. I prefer to start it via the maintenance road to the right then catch up with it at the wooden bridge which is a nice option if you want to skip the over grown weeds. Trail gets pretty once you get to the water a few miles in.

Nice Hike! The first mile is pretty uneventful, but as you continue you see no houses and hear nothing, but silence. This is very peaceful place to go to if you need to simply unplug and get away from all of the distractions of life. I highly recommend this trail during the spring!