Sunset Hills Trail

Sunset Hills Trail is a 3.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Thousand Oaks, California that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, horses, road biking, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I totally got lost. I went trail blazing with my dog, running across rattlesnake holes. We crawled through barbwire fence together, but made it to the water tower. It was overlooking the water and was amazing. The hike was so worth it. It took me 5 miles round trip. If you go the right way it will be shorter and a lot easier haha. I think my way was more fun though!

Basically a view of houses the whole way. I don't care to see houses, I can just walk around my neighborhood if I want to see houses. If you like to be in nature during a hike, this is not for you.

Good hills for running, great views. Do the extra lollipop loop at the end for a couple shady spots in the afternoon.

Very nice trail, not as scenic as it use to be because of the drought.

Fun trail

It was easy but the group kept hearing the sound of the rattle snake , it was pretty scary n we got lost just finding the area , worst hike of my life.

This trail was challenging for me as a beginner in hiking. But totally doable. Beautiful scenery. Several offshoots so if your end game is Bard Reservoir, be sure to keep heading in that direction, which coming from Sunset Hills would be taking the trails to he right. Beautiful scenery and flowers. Not a real busy trail either. Ran into 3 people in 4 miles. Nice.