Sunday Peak Trail

Sunday Peak Trail is a 3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Glennville, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Wofford Heights: The trail begins at the Girl Scout Camp parking area on Forest Highway 90.

I came to hike this trail having no idea just a few days prior a man started a forest fire that burned basically all the forest up. Luckily the trail was still fairly easy to follow. The view at the top was still worth it. Would love to come back when things grow back up.

The view at the top is so worth the effort to get there. The hike itself is moderate but it is a little bit of a drive to get there. An old forest hike.

I came up to Sunday Peak in the winter months and the road was closed off to get to the trail and I was never able to do it. I had heard it to be gorgeous, but to experience first hand how beautiful the view was this past Sunday (7/17) was pretty shocking. To say the view and feel of the trail is beautiful is just an understatement. I quite fell in love with such a 'forest-y' feel. There were only two groups there. But we passed ways with each other. It was mostly quiet and serene. I recommend doing this hike alone or with someone you love dearly. Will probably go again in the fall. Easily one of my favorites.

Incredible 360 view. I will definitely come back up on a clear / smog-free day. Would recommend a 4x4 vehicle and I would not feel comfortable with a full ton truck as the truck route up can be very windy and narrow. At a good pace, 45 minutes - 1 hour up, 45 minutes down. Write something great in the notebook jar at the top! Look forward to reading them when I hike it again.

90° in Lake Isabella, 70° on the trail, mid July. I did this hike in about an hour, trailhead to summit and 45 minutes summit to trailhead. Brush is minimal so shorts are acceptable. Steep at beginning and end, middle is pretty easy. I recommend a 4x4 or a vehicle with ground clearance, although I did it in a Jetta at 15 mph, once you leave the pavement it becomes very rough. It's about 6 miles off the pavement to the trailhead. Great views and a trail you can do in an afternoon. I will be hiking this trail again.

This is a short steep hike. It's just over a mile and a half to the top. The trail is shaded most of the way. Trail is pretty well maintained. There are a couple of trees across the path but they are easy to get over. Make a sharp left at the sign (look up you'll see the sign on the tree). Once you get to the top you have to scramble up over a couple of boulders. It's not to bad. Would be better if the bushes were cut back. Then there'd be a direct path. The top is worth the effort. Make sure you sign the book in the jar. Take a moment to enjoy the vast view.

Quick & refreshing. Great panoramic views from the peak. Not much shade at the peak but a great place to feel like your on top of the world with nature & your thoughts. Great time & it didn't take very long at all.

Very fun. Basically all up-hill on the way there, but the incline wasn't too bad. Great views of the Kern River Valley from the top. We did this in mid-October and the weather was perfect. Cool, breezy and sunny. Good tree cover. Not too crowded.

Great trail! It's well maintained and marked. It's pretty steep on the way up. Definitely moderate and not 'easy'. There's plenty of shade along the way and some nice sunny spots too. We only saw two other groups of people on our hike. Vey quiet and lovely.

Cold that day.. snow on the ground in the shade of the trees. FUN :)

Easy hike with about 1400' elevation gain. Great views of Sequoia National forest and monument.

This is an easy hike its a good trail to take the family on and the views are great,the trail is also in good condition.