Suisun Hill Trail

Suisun Hill Trail is a 1.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Suisun City, CA that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and horses and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Take grizzly island road south from Suisun City. The entrance is a gate across from Rush Ranch.

Nice weather. Beautiful views. Lots of little jumping bugs that sometimes hit you in the chest. But overall very nice. Definitely wear sunscreen as there is no shade.

We just had our 3-19-2016 (2015-2016 season close) Rush Ranch and Suisun Hills Trail Birds of Prey workshop and hike.... we had over 30 attendees and 10 Raptor Species. Bald Eagles, Golden Eagles, Red-tailed Hawks, Ferruginous Hawk, American Kestrels, Northern Harriers, White-tailed Kites, Turkey Vultures, Barn Owl and Great-horned Owl. I wanted to thank all of the attendees and docents who came out this year.... and a special, special thanks to Natalie DuMont, Earl Swenerton Linda Sonner and Jim Coleen Walsh for making the Raptor tours and workshops a success.... also thanks to all the West County HawkWatch team members who helped out this year, Tom Motherwell, Yvonne Motherwell, Dave Laurice and Steve Corey... It was a fantastic year we had over 250 people attending and we counted as many raptors as we had attendees! Great place to bird, walk, enjoy views.... Agreed beware of cows and park is dog friendly..... Great spot just depends on what you are looking for, also aside from Suisun Hills, Rush Ranch offers great nature viewing and birding trails....

foggy today. ..dogs loved it..quick short

cool local spot. great views all around.
older guy like obiwan with hood and all said he's been up there nearly 100 times. used to watch star shows up there since there's no light.

Another user gave some sound advice... You probably shouldn't drive a long distance to take this hike...

My wife and I live about 5 Miles down to road from this place, it is an active cow pasture and completely exposed. However it can actually be a good training ground, the trails are narrow and there are a couple of semi-steep uphill/downhill grades.

If you are willing to take a few laps you will get some decent exercise and prep those legs for more lengthy/difficult hikes.

At the peak of this hill is a pretty nice view of the local marshes, highway 12 and a view toward the bay.

Suisun Hill Trail? More like Cow Dung Trail. We did see a good view of the marsh and a couple burrowing prairie rodents, other than that, hot and dry even in the winter.

Only go if you are local. I drove quite a ways for this one and another in the area. Both were not so good. This is a cow trail.

I like to go here when my dog and kids need to get out of the house (and off the leash) without any pre-planning. It's nice, even in the winter, but sometimes it gets a little windy.

Today I went out to rush ranch and did a little exploring. What I found was over 5 miles of trails. The majority of the trails are flat and well groomed. There was one trail that offered a mild incline that maybe rises to 150 feet with great views. The volunteers at the ranch are very friendly and the trails offer a little education on wild life and the Native American people who lived in the area over 200 years ago. I suggest these trails to any beginner or weekend warrior that wants to enjoy the spectacular golden hills of California. 2 out of 5 on the difficulty, dont forget to bring some water and enjoy. The staff suggest sunset for the best time of day.