Sugarpine Mountain Trail

Sugarpine Mountain Trail is a 18 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near San Bernardino, CA that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and off road driving and is accessible year-round.

off road driving

Tried it with a stock 4WD SUV, everything was pretty easy until I reached a point a few miles up the hill where even with ~8 inches of ground clearance, it'd be too risky to go through because of the tall rocks on the trail. I'm definitely coming back when I have a skid plate. The road is mostly narrow so if you have to pass someone, it'll be a little tough but I guess that goes with the territory.

off road driving

Nice and easy trail with great views. Started off of Palm Ave. and ended on Cleghorn Rd. Total driving time of 3 hrs. with a few stops to take in the views and a lunch break.

Nice hike for beginners it's a little bit tough. But for an avid hiker I enjoyed it a lot nice views.

off road driving

Girlfriend and I took my 95 4Runner out for a morning trail ride. The trail is pretty fun. Mostly light driving with a few rocky spots where 4x4 is needed. Id say about 3/4 of it Was a pretty bumpy ride until I pulled over to air down my tires. The other 1/4 is smooth soft dirt. Took us maybe an hour and 15 minutes until we reach high enough to see some great views. To the south overlooked San Bernardino and to the north you can see lake silverwood. We went Monday morning at 10am and only saw 2 other vehicles. The top gets more and more beautiful as it turns to less rocks and more trees. Will definitely be going again

off road driving

Very easy trail. I only found about two side trails with more challenging hill climbs.

off road driving

When I took it I was in a 2000 Chevy metro lsi. I found it pretty easy the difficulty came from the front wheel drive. It seemed like it would be easier if the car had more clearance and if it was 4wd. Overall a very good and easy trail.

off road driving

Great trail! Amazing view! Good for beginners.. It was my first time off roading and I had a great experience. I have a 2001 Tahoe 4X4 had no issues. Also took my 5 year old he loved it! I definitely recommend it..

Went out there in my 2016 Tundra. Has a great time with my kids . Great views didn't really need the 4x4 . Lots of brush so your truck will get some scratches. (Not to deep will buff out.)

Great minus the atvs

Nice trail, not too difficult. There is a little Creek in the beginning but it's hard to see. The directions on alltrails are a bit off. You have to go up palm until it ends. Does anyone know what the names of the other three trails that split off to the right and where they lead. The split happens about a mile and a half up the trail.

Easy trail with a lot of good views. Trail changes closer to Silverwood Lake. The San Bernardino Water Department does use the trail, so there may be trucks on weekdays. Easy and accessible trail head at the top of Palm Ave off the 215.

off road driving

Fun and scenic trail. Not difficult at all. Wish it were a little more technical and challenging, but the view made it worthwhile.

Exit palm off 215 FWY, go north and head straight up until the pavement is no more. I aired down to 20 psi, which made the ride much softer. Very open and exposed on the side of the mountain for the first 7 miles, but the views are beautiful. Once you get to the top, it becomes more forest like and the scenery changes. Found a random picnic bench over looking San Bernardino at the very top of one of the steep uphill turn offs. Overall a very nice and enjoyable trail.

Good trail. Going up the front side is scenic as far as valley views. All desert weeds though. Once you crest the top and head down the backside towards silver wood lake is much nicer. Backside has more forest. Nothing challenging about this trail. I would run it again though.

This is a real easy scenic trail that is perfect for a day trip away. Not to mention beautiful Sugar Pines to be seen.